LOSING 30lbs for pregnancy!

Options
Hi, my name is Yana. I am currently 179lbs. I recently got married on April 6, 2012. I felt beautiful and I was beautiful. Luckily, my weight sits on me well. Anyhow, I went to the OBGYN and she told me that I have to lose at least 20lbs so I can avoid complications during pregnancy. I've never felt more motivated in my life than now. I wish I could have done this sooner. I've been working out for months but I haven't changed the amount of calories that I have been consuming

Replies

• captiva0513
    captiva0513 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome to you! Congratulations on your recent wedding! I am also getting married in just over a month. Feel free to add me. I think it is great you are following your doctor's advice now to try to have as healthy a pregnancy as possible. I have been concerned about that myself with some high blood pressure issues, etc. You can do it!!!
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Wow - (sorry) I'm trying to digest being told I had to be 159 to get pregnant without complications. I was hoping to get to 220 or in that area before I try to get pregnant again. My OBGYN told me that's a generally safe weight - that it appears to be higher than that when you have a higher risk.

I was caught by your title - losing 30 for pregnancy - but am still reeling from what your Dr said.

I'm working on losing too - want to try to get pregnant this summer - our last chance. We have one little one, but would like one more (i'd have wanted more but am getting too old)...

I'm not a Dr, but I've never heard this extreme before (having to be 'fat-less' :) in order to get pregnant...

All that said, I am sure being healthy weight would only benefit you and make the whole experience that much easier. I'd love to be about 150 before I get pregnant, but with my age, that means probably a next year attempt, and I can't wait that long (this summer may be it, IF we get lucky).

Good luck to you! I hope you are able to get to your goal soon, and wish you the best of luck and Happiness in starting a family.