When ti increase activity level with FitBit?

Options
beefolks
beefolks Posts: 21 Member
Fitbit keeps giving me an exercise adjustment. I'm trying to figure out when (or if) I need to increase my activity level.

I originally labeled myself as lightly active, pre-fitbit, but I always questioned that. Some days, all I do is sit in front of the computer. Some days, I am active around the office. Some days, I am on my feet all day with sales. I wasn't certain what my average was.

When I bought a Fitbit, I placed myself at sedentary, and went for a week. It was giving me adjustments on a daily basis in the 300-600 range, so I upped myself back up to lightly active.

I am still getting regular Fitbit adjustments, typically in the 1-200 range, and not always on a daily basis. To be fair, some of those days I have done activities that require I take the Fitbit off (like play with my kids in the pool, which I don't feel is enough activity to require an actual 'swimming' exercise entry in MFP.

I don't consider myself 'active', but maybe I actually am. At what point would you increase your activity level based on the Fitbit exercise adjustments?

Replies

• Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I leave myself set at sedentary and my MFP set to sedentary. After a few days fitbit will adjust to "personalized" automatically. My calories on MFP I set at 1400 and my goal on fitbit is at "medium" for loss. They are within 3-5 calories of each other...but, with these settings I have been consistently losing about a pound to a pound and a half per week. It takes some time but fitbit will start to recognize your patterns. Good luck!
  • torbear30
    torbear30 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't change it. I thought the same thing, but read that you should go by your average daily activity. It doesn't matter that some days are more active and some less. Log the rest of your activities separate. The fitbit will adjust for the time/activity you enter manually. Good luck!
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I would say that based on your adjustments it still gives you - I would keep it at lightly active - especially with such high ones when you were on sedentary
    :-)
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I moved myself up to active this week. I now get an ave of 14-15K steps a day. Today is a slow day because of rain and I'm still around 11K in steps. I figured I would try it for a week or two and see if I like it better. Some nights I was getting a 600-700 calorie adjustment.

I was definitely sedentary when I started in Jan!
  • beefolks
    beefolks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Where do you set a goal on FitBit? Is that part of the premium package?