Will anything work for me!?

Options
2»

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree that if you are regularly eating below your BMR then you are potentially damaging your metabolism and basically teaching your body to perform at the same level with less intake because food is scarce. Your body will react much better if you don't suddenly drop your intake to a really low number... I won't say "starvation mode" but your body's main job is to maintain its current mass (this is called homeostasis). If you gradually decrease calories, or decrease to a reasonable amount that is still above your BMR, then your body will be more willing to release fat because there is the physical confidence that it no longer needs those fat stores because it is getting enough FUEL to perform its necessary functions.

Let us know how your assessment goes!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1 - you're very inconsistent with logging your food, which means you are not logging accurately, which means you could be over your calorie limit
    2 - you're eating a lot of processed foods
    3 - I don't see any fruits, veggies or whole food in your diary

I would log EVERYTHING...you bite it you write it
    use a food scale to insure accuracy of calorie intake
    invest in a HRM to insure accuracy of calories burned
    see a doctor to check your thyroid
  • xipow
    xipow Posts: 58
    Options
    I looked over the last couple of weeks of exercise. You would benefit on increasing the intensity. Try calculating your optimal heart rate for fat burning and try to work up to be able to maintain your heart rate at that level during your exercise. This is a difficult thing to do, but it will bring results.
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    I would suggest reading up on your Basal Metabolic Rate or BMR. Basically your body needs a certain amount of calories everyday to survive. If you don't get those then your body goes into a sort of hibernation and starts storing all of the calories as fat, which is bad. I was very skeptical about it when I first heard this, but do some research. I have actually started losing weight since eating more. Sounds crazy, but its working. Just make sure it's the right kinds of foods. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

You can do this :D
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am fond of these two calculators:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Myfitnesspal.com says I should eat 1200 a day but I increased it by going to custom settings in line with what my calorie calculators state. Additionally I calorie cycle or zig zag and forward plan my food diary calorie goals by adding in fake exercise calories for higher cycle days but keep my base static.

You might find that method helps if you are struggling.

I am also in the Eat More Weigh Less group.
  • Chawtzee
    Chawtzee Posts: 2
    Options
    thank you!
    as for cutting out processed food, i found every time i try, im still getting bad things.
    anyone have some daily food idea, for shopping because as it works im the one who does the shopping i don't have to much help.
    and i would love to no what meal type things are good for me and my family, that are low in cals, and not crazy in sodium.
    kinda like a shopping list, i could try for next time?
    also you guys keep saying bmr wich i found out stands for basal metabolism rate?
    how do you find out what mine is? and personally i dont know what that means?