Diet Check up

Options
Hey Guys!! I was wondering if yall could evaluate my diet so far and see if Im doing okay? Its 2 weeks since Im starting over and I just need motivation. Im trying to loose 20lbs!! :/

Replies

• momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Just took a peek and I think you may want to track your sodium instead of one of the macros that you have selected. Some of the foods you eat are quite high in sodium and that can slow weight loss/cause water retention. Also may want to consider replacing sodas with water? I have found that when I seriously concentrate on getting my veggies in that helps a lot as well. Good Luck!

Also, just out of curiosity, you seem to drink A LOT of milk, is this simply to get enough calcium or for some other reason? (I love milk but due to a limited tolerance can't have too much )
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I'd say you would benefit from "packing" a lunch. It seems like you eat a lot of processed foods and fast food. I used to have a fast food addiction, so I understand, but I've found that cutting it out of my diet for a long time has made me realize how gross it is to me. These foods aren't nutritious and aren't the best for health (I kind of think of them as pseudo foods).

For me, I have found it to be fun to learn about nutrition (not just what has lower calories) and eat for health, not just to look good. It has kind of become a game, trying to find yummy AND healthy recipes and experimenting with different types of fresh and wholesome foods. Also, maybe read up on macros (protein/fat/carb) and figure out what a good amount for each day would be for you.

Personally, I've had more success not eating back ALL of my exercise calories. I usually leave an extra hundred or two at the end of the day to account for possible underestimating food intake and overestimated calorie burn from exercise.