Party at my house!

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm having a party Friday night and need help with healthy appetizers AND cocktails. Please send recipes!!! I'm trying not to tip the scales too much but want it to still be delicious! Help! :glasses:

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Hummus and raw veggies are an awesome appetizer
  • Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    Dang! I thought it was an invitation.
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also opened the thread looking for a date & time!

How about cut peaches and homemade whipped cream on the side (then your calorie-counting guests can just enjoy the fruit).

Snyders organic oat bran pretzels (18/120 cal serving & 2 g of fiber!)

Trader Joes Spizzico di pizza - tiny frozen pizzas - like bagel bites, but so much cuter!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Dang! I thought it was an invitation.

Ditto :grumble:
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love appetizers! I just made this last week~ it is a cold veggie pizza you can either make the whole thing for a lot of people or cut the recepie in half for less.
    Package of whole wheat pita bread
    2 packages of low fat plain cream cheese
    package of hidden valley ranch dressing mix
    garlic powder
    dill seasoning
    cold veges of your choice (I use cucumber, shredded carrot, red onion, and fresh jalapenos) but you can use broccoli florets, cauliflower, anything you like

mix cream cheese with hidden valley ranch mix and garlic powder (put a little or a lot depending on how garlicy you would like it), make sure it is all blended. Then spread a good amount on top of each pita bread. Top the cream cheese mixture with sliced veges. Dust the pizzas with dill seasoning. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight. Then slice the pizzas into triangles and you can serve it with crumbled feta cheese if you like. It is sooo yummy!
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    whoa! i almost forgot you also add 1 cup light sour cream into the cream cheese mixture..hope you try it! :flowerforyou:
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    Hey everyone is invited!!! :flowerforyou: And thanks for the tips! Anyone have a lowfat dip? Or more importantly any cocktail recipes? Thanks!:drinker:
  • coastal
    coastal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The following is very delicious and refreshing...
    1.5 shots of Bacardi, 3 English cucumbers wheels, I pinch of cilantro, juice from 1.5 limes
    Muddle the cucumber and cilantro in a pint glass, add ice and lime juice. Shake and top with club soda. You can add simple syrup but that is just added calories and not needed.
  • tvfit
    tvfit Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    grapefruit juice & vodka is yummy.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    shrimp cocktail is low calorie and yummy! :love:
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    homemade salsa and chips
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    of course my favorite appetizer. Shots of tequila. then nobody cares what the food tastes like LOL