Hamburger Buns

Options
greenbean
greenbean Posts: 17 Member
Hi all! I went to the store to pick up hamburger buns and I found this: Oro Wheat - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins! It is the size of a normal hamburger bun, but thin like a pita! Just enough bread to hold in your food. One "bun" is 100 cal. So if your in the mood for a sandwich or something try it. I like :happy:

Anne

Replies

• dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    They have those here at the local Costco as well. They taste pretty good, and since most bread is around 100 calories per slice, having a substitute that is 100 calories per sandwich saves you 100 calories every time you eat one. Not a bad deal (though they are more expensive than bread).

An additional benefit, they actually have some fiber in them as well.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have noticed them around, but have never had the guts to try them. I will now knowing that they are tasty.:happy:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    My hubby eats the Arnold brand Sandwich Thinks, multi-grain.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I love em, eat them alot!!
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    My wife and I have been buying Healthy Life brand, only 80 calories per bun if I remember correctly.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I've eaten them and they are good.
    Their deceiving, even though they are thin, they are very filling.

If your hungry I would not suggest trying to have two hamburgers with these buns.:laugh:
  • sbartlett0421
    Options
    I just bought these this weekend and I love them.
    I toasted half, and spead some reduced fat cream cheese and added some smoked salmon for breakfast this morning. I was wonderful and a lot better than a bagel!