C25K - how to count it?

Options
jonesyx6
jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
I just started C25K today (just finished my first day 30 minutes ago)...how do I count it on here? I used walking, moderate (waking dog) because of the mixture of walking/running and that I'm just starting so even my running is not all that fast.

Replies

• fatmom51
    fatmom51 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right, but I would even consider going as high as 3.5 mph. If you do your mile in 20 minutes, that's 3.0 mph, but even when I just walk, I can do it in just about 17-18 minutes, which works out to 3.5 mph. (Truthfully, though, it doesn't change the calorie expenditure that much, so do whatever you feel comfortable logging.)
    I've read about the C25K and would like to give it a try. Right now, all I can do is walk, but a 5K is within reach, and I know that interval training is supposed to be good for revving up the metabolism.
  • jonesyx6
    jonesyx6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Honestly this is the first time I've purposely exercised in a long time, so I had no idea. Although I was pretty psyched that I after I put in my exercise I was no longer "over" on my calorie intake today! First day of tracking so I was pretty upset when I went over! Thank for your help.
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Don't kick yourself for going over... just remember it, reflect on what you ate, and move on :)

Starting is the hardest part, and you've done it!!! The rest, while not incredibly easy, will continuously feel better, just stick with it.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I LOVE C25K! it makes running a 5k a lot less intimidating and you actually make progress. I'm planning on restarting/finishing it and then starting the 10k one. I have the imapmyrun app as well, so I would use that to get my average pace, or just figure out how long my workout was and divide it by distance and get an average speed and log it as that. Now I use my HRM