ANY SUGGESTIONS ON LUNCH & DINNER IDEAS?

Options
I'm tired of the same oh same oh...I need new ideas for healthy meals :)

Replies

• judyjdues
    judyjdues Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut up a tomatoe and 1/4 of a red onion. Add a dash of salt, cover and leave in fridge overnight. The next day for lunch, toast an English Muffin or a 100 calorie Deli Flat and top with the tomatoe/onion salsa. It's delish and less than 150 calories.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    mix cucumber with laughing cow cheese and put on whole wheat tortilla wrap and add ,turkey or your choice of meat, and whatever other veggies...great lunch
  • Potatofacedjo
    Options
    the site skinnytaste has so many wonderful recipes!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I bought tri-tip on sale this week and marinated it in "Steakhouse" marinade by Lawry's for 24 hours. Grilled it and it was gone in seconds!

I have a family of 6 with 3 hungry boys (and husband), and actually my daughter is pretty enthusiastic about eating too, so I buy meat on sale and make my own marinades or rubs. I buy all the meat at once, split the packs into ziplock bags with marinade or rub and freeze.

I grill most days, beef, pork, chicken or swai (fish). Sides are grilled veggies (usually asparagus and/or green beans--just spray with Pam, and salt and pepper on the grill pan and grill), and fresh fruit: mango, strawberries, peaches, blackberries, etc.

Swai is great on the grill and super fast. Mariinate for 10 minutes in olive oil and juice of a lemon. Sprinkle with Old Bay or "Blackened" seasoning; grill 6 minutes each side.

EDIT: BAKED SWEET POTATOES ARE THE BOMB.

If you like crockpot meals, here's an easy low-cal: Bone in porkchops with saurkraut and a couple sliced apples. 8 hours on low.

For pulled pork, you can buy a pork shoulder (sometimes called Picnic roast or Boston Butt--I don't know why shoulder and butt are the same thing) very cheap, even when not on sale -- make a BBQ rub in a jar: some paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar -- rub it on the roast, put into crock pot with chopped onions, fill half way with water and add 2T liquid smoke. 8 hours on low -- drain out liquid, shred the pork with 2 forks, and add your own BBQ sauce.

Tonight I had a lot of calories to eat (yes!) so I made guacamole (2 avocados, juice of 1 lemon, chopped onion and tomatoes), and 14 tortilla chips. Yes, I count them :)