Scared I won't fit on rides

Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So this could be a completly crazy fear but I'm taking my niece to Wonderland on Friday and I'm afraid I won't fit on the rides! I know I'm not HUGE but I'm a big girl, is this a crazy fear or should I really be worried?!?!?!
I dont' think I was that much smaller then I am now last time I went maybe 20lbs lighter, plus I've had a breast reduction since then. Am I being silly?

Replies

• I think your are silly. Go out there and just do it!!!!:ohwell:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    A few years ago I went to the one we had here (closed due to Hurricane Katrina), I remember being scared to death after I got on the ride what if they can't lock this thing. It locked but I didn't have much further to go. It just depends on your body. I think you will be fine.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    I just looked at your pics. If I can fit on a ride, you ABSOLUTELY can.
  • Daisy_May
    Thanks guys! You know what though? If anything is a reality check this is, I mean being scared I won't fit on rides???? I LOVE going on roller coasters and praticallly lived there when I was a teeneager!
    Just another reason to get my butt in gear and get healthy right?
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    we seem to be about the same size.....i can fit so you will be good to have a blast........we just got back from hershy last week my hubby had some isseurs on the newer coaster that go over your shoulders but he has big shoulders and is almost 300 lbs....

go have a great time.....
  • Daisy_May
    OK I just went on thier website and they say 225lbs is the max, so I should be good! Although my brother is almost 300 (6ft 3) and he was there already this summer and didn't mention having any problems......
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    I just looked at your pics, I think you will be fine. You don't have big shoulders. Have fun!!!!!! Just think when we reach our goal weight that will be the least of our worries. WooHoo.
  • This gave me flash backs! I too looked at your pictures and you'll be fine trust me. Funny story now that I look back. When I was over 300 pounds I went to cedar point in Ohio I waited over 2 hrs to ride their new ride top thrill dragester. Well after waiting I finally got in and was so embarassed they couldn't get the bar down to close!! I had to get out of the ride with everyone staring at me. It scared me for life LOL. Ever since they I am pariod I won't fit in rides which is silly because since then I've lost so much weight. I just went to Disney in March and the whole time I'd eyeball the ride wondering if I'd fit. So don't worry and enjoy yourself trust me worrying ruins the fun!
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    it's not un-normal to feel the way you do, so don't fee silly :tongue: But, fear aside, i'm sure you going to be amazed at how well you fit :happy: I hope you have such a fun time!!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    This gave me flash backs! I too looked at your pictures and you'll be fine trust me. Funny story now that I look back. When I was over 300 pounds I went to cedar point in Ohio I waited over 2 hrs to ride their new ride top thrill dragester. Well after waiting I finally got in and was so embarassed they couldn't get the bar down to close!! I had to get out of the ride with everyone staring at me. It scared me for life LOL. Ever since they I am pariod I won't fit in rides which is silly because since then I've lost so much weight. I just went to Disney in March and the whole time I'd eyeball the ride wondering if I'd fit. So don't worry and enjoy yourself trust me worrying ruins the fun!

Same deal here. I still won't attempt to get on, makes me so nervous I feel like I'm going to :sick: without even getting on the rollercoaster! Anyway, you'll be fine!
  • Daisy_May
    Thanks everyone! I knew I was probably being crazy but somehow I just couldn't stop seeing myself getting to the front of the ride and them telling me to forget it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Thanks guys! You know what though? If anything is a reality check this is, I mean being scared I won't fit on rides???? I LOVE going on roller coasters and praticallly lived there when I was a teeneager!

Going on the rides at the fair and one day riding a roller coaster are part of my motivation to lose weight. Oh the things skinny people take for granted, eh? :tongue:
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    k...wanna hear something funny...this is the reverse! When I was about 12 my sister took me on the roller coaster for the first time ever...I am very short and at 12...not even 100lbs. I lifted out of my seat and almost flew out of the ride! No one could get me back on for years. I was much larger around the next time and when that bar tightened down tight on my belly I thouhgt..."HA!!! I am not going anywhere this time!" I had a blast! lol Now that I have lost most of my weight...not a chance I will get on a roller coaster again because I am afraid I will fly out!
  • Daisy_May

Going on the rides at the fair and one day riding a roller coaster are part of my motivation to lose weight. Oh the things skinny people take for granted, eh? :tongue:

I watch a show called Ruby and it's small things like this that a lot of people take for granted, you see her on the show and she's just now able to drive again(couldn't fit behind the stering wheel) is dreaming of going on rides, can't fit in the bathroom on a plan. Thigns that make me realize I don't have it so bad!
This discussion has been closed.