Speaking of scales....

totallytasha
totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I just think it's funny that my scale is one of those crappy non-electronic ones. I can weigh myself on it, step off, step back on and weigh 2 more pounds. I tend to just go with the average of it all, what it ends up being around, and as long as that is steadily heading downward it's no biggie.

Just thought I'd share an angle of how scales can be rather useless. :laugh:

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    LOL...Thanks for sharing that! I tend to become obsessed with my scale and have to have my husband hide it from me sometimes!!:laugh:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Yall must have missed the earlier thread I posted, A lot of our husbands have hidden our scales. Its under general information Obsessed with scales.
  • jesp1216
    jesp1216 Posts: 100
    lol its ok i steped on my scale thats not digital and it said 210, then later that day after i stuffed my face i went to the dentist and it said i was 5 lbs lighter :D
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    My digital one must be just as crappy because I have the same problem! :laugh:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    My digital seems to do pretty good. I stand on it (when it wasn't in hiding) then I would get off back on to see if it changed and it wouldn't. Can't say I didn't try. Also, it would be exactly the same as what the gym's scale would be.
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Don't like the gym scale. It's one of those old ones they use at the doctors - they require you physically MOVE them... lame.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Don't like the gym scale. It's one of those old ones they use at the doctors - they require you physically MOVE them... lame.

Those are my fave, and the only ones I really trust. :tongue:
  • llrmax
    llrmax Posts: 9
    okay.. so two days ago I weigh myself...156.8 today it reads 157.3 What the heck?! maybe it is that the muscle is starting to weigh or what.. I do not know. All I know is that I want it to read 137!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Our school has a really old scale (with the dial with numbers) - probably from the 1950's & it is soooooo accurate, even after being moved around a jillion times!
This discussion has been closed.