eating out / parties and food choices

Options
I have had to eat out quite a bit the last few days ----well "had to" is a stretch, but I am moving soon and people want to go out with me for one last dinner, farewll party, etc......I think I have been good calorie wise but not food choice wise

for example on Monday I went to Hooters and had a side salad (no dressing), 1 coors light, and 5 medium wings......I kept the rest of my calories relatively low and healthy...total of 2,100 calories for the day and I ran 30 minutes (4 miles) and lifted weights for 30 minutes......

long story short, my weight has remained stagnant, although I think calorie wise and with my exercise I shold still be losing.....

I guess I should try to abstain from any junk while eating out? (I guess no wings and beer next time?)

or would doing more cardio help?

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I would bet a lot of it is due to the sodium. Order water and drink plenty, that should help some. And, IMO, you can always pick up your diet once you've moved, but you can't replace time with people, especially if you are moving away. Don't go overboard, but do enjoy yourself a little bit!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I still eat at parties and at special occasions, and allow myself to eat things i wouldn't normally eat. Over the month, it doesn't matter if i eat some "special occasion" food, i still lose weight. I figure i still have my life to live, and having the occasional fatty food or beer in the right moment is fine, as long as i accept that my weight loss will cease for a day or two while my body deals with the crap food. As long as i go right back to my good eating and exercise, i stay on track. Staying consistent over the long run is more important than any single meal, in my opinion.

So i would suggest that if this is a rare thing, enjoy your time with friends before you go. As long as you don't allow yourself to eat "special occasion" food when it's not a special occasion, than you will be fine.
  • rob_base
    rob_base Posts: 97
    Options
    any other ideas?
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I go out to eat at least once a week. I eat what ever I want. I just cut the portion in half as soon as it gets to the table and ask for it to be put in a TO GO box.

Seems to work for me.