good-for-you shakes

Options
what's some good shakes/smoothies for me to make for breakfast or an afternoon snack?

i like peanut butter and chocolate, but they ain't too good for you so i try to stay away from them. but if anyone has a good recipie with them in it, i'll try it.

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do protein shakes one after workout in the morning and one 45 minutes before I go to bed.
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    I do protein shakes one after workout in the morning and one 45 minutes before I go to bed.

same I do two protein shakes a day. I use herbalife products. They have yummy flavors.
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also do protein shakes after I work out, I just use the generic whey protein due to price. I add in a cup of organic soy (lactose intolerent) and frozen fruit to make it thick yummmm:drinker:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    If you like peanut butter and chocolate then I recommend Whey Gourmet's Smooth Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (31 g)
    Total Calories 130
    Calories From Fat 15

Total Fat 2 g 2%
    Saturated Fat 1 g 5%
    Trans Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol 40 mg 13%
    Sodium 120 mg 5%
    Potassium 190 mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrates 4 g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 21 g 42%

So low fat, low carb and low calorie... if you make them in a blender with ice and water, it's like eating a sundae. You would swear there were gobs of melted peanut butter in there!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    If you like peanut butter and chocolate then I recommend Whey Gourmet's Smooth Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Heaping Scoop (31 g)
    Total Calories 130
    Calories From Fat 15

Total Fat 2 g 2%
    Saturated Fat 1 g 5%
    Trans Fat 0 g 0%
    Cholesterol 40 mg 13%
    Sodium 120 mg 5%
    Potassium 190 mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrates 4 g 1%
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 21 g 42%

So low fat, low carb and low calorie... if you make them in a blender with ice and water, it's like eating a sundae. You would swear there were gobs of melted peanut butter in there!
    Where do you buy this? MMMMMMMMMMM!!! I live small town so I was wondering where you get it?
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I always did my own...
    mixed frozen fruit
    cup of full fat yogurt
    orange juice (but I recently traded for coconut water)
    emergen-c 1000mg packet
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've been making my own fruit smoothies in the mornings:
    Base:
    1/2 cup almond milk
    1 Tbsp ground flax
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    1-2 wedges melon

Then I add various fruits:
    fresh peaches, figs, banana, pear
    frozen blackberries, blueberries, or berry medley.

My favorite one last week was the base, plus 1 fresh pear, and 1 cup frozen blueberries. Yummy!! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • dyf11710
    dyf11710 Posts: 19
    Options
    I dont know if I'll be any help because I'm actually trying to put on a bit of weight but I have a protein shake that I find fantastic.

8 oz of fat free milk
    3 ice cubes
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 serving of peanut butter
    1 serving of whey protein (I use chocolate)

blend it all together, it is VERY filling as well.

sorry if this doesnt help
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is good fat :tongue:
    I put it in my EAS preminum chocolate powder. It tastes like Heaven.. I meant Snickers! :love:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy this? MMMMMMMMMMM!!! I live small town so I was wondering where you get it?

I buy it online from http://www.vitalady.com/ There are other places online that sell it too.

I also like Chike protein powder. The Orange Creme tastes like a Dreamcicle. They have chocolate too. I get that from Express Metabolics (http://www.expressmetabolics.com/). They have the best Chike price on the web.

If you like coffee and mocha, a lot of people like the Acheive One shakes and Click, which is more of a mocha drink than a shake. I don't like coffee so I don't do those. :smile: