Tired sleepy zombie!

sarabear
sarabear Posts: 864
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't know why but almost every week day mon-fri at about 2 pm I could just lay my head on my desk and SLEEP! Anyone having this trouble? Then after I get home I am ready to go again. It's wierd!!!

Replies

• Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Oh my god! This just happened to me, I had to go get a cup of tea to wake me up(and I've just about given up caffeen now, so it was surprising for me to need it!) I had to take a little walk around the office while the tea boiled so I wouldnt' fall asleep!
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    You may be living in an emerald nuts commercial....
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    I do everysingle day at 2. I dont even have to look at the clock, I know its 2 just because I get so sleepy! Its time for a good-carb snack! Afternoon lows!
  • sarabear
    You may be living in an emerald nuts commercial....

LOL huh??? I haven't see that one, youtubing......
  • sarabear
    LMAO! I'm the chick at the desk!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    This would happen to me every morning around 9:30. I would be typing or reading something (usually MFP Shhh! should be working) at I would actually nod my head. When I signed up with my trainer I told her about this and when she looked at my food diary, she told me it was my oatmeal (maple and brown sugar with cream). She said it was spiking my sugar and then I would crash. Needless to say I didn't want to believe it because I love oatmeal but I tried something else the next mornig and I was fine. So watch the sugar in your foods.
  • April0815
    One more thing, she told me not to use artificial sweetener, to use sugar in the raw.
  • sarabear
    I thought it was that but have been watching the sugar at lunch, I have no prob in the morning. I think it's work LOL I work mon-thurs and on fri sat and sun I'm fine, I think it's the desk, maybe I need to bring a ball to sit on in stead of this comfy off chair.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................I'M AWAKE I'M A WAKE!
  • sarabear
    One more thing, she told me not to use artificial sweetener, to use sugar in the raw.
    I'll switch that too :) thanks!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    I just give in and take a nap. Either take a break and go fold out the seat in my car. Or take a power nap in a bathroom stall. Hey, laugh it up, it works.
  • sarabear
    I just give in and take a nap. Either take a break and go fold out the seat in my car. Or take a power nap in a bathroom stall. Hey, laugh it up, it works.

I think I have to go potty................shhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone what I'm up to. kinda like when people used to sneak a smoke in highschool!
  • April0815
    You are teaching us a lot today. First it's bat wings now it's where to nap at work. :laugh:
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member

I think I have to go potty................shhhhhhhhhhh! don't tell anyone what I'm up to. kinda like when people used to sneak a smoke in highschool!

at least when you come back from "napping" in the bathroom, they can't smell it on you like the smokes! :wink:
  • sarabear

at least when you come back from "napping" in the bathroom, they can't smell it on you like the smokes! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Most of my sleepy moments are not lack of food, or carb crash, but simply, lack of O2 to the brain. When I get sleepy, I take about 5 deep breaths, and I perk up!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    You are teaching us a lot today. First it's bat wings now it's where to nap at work. :laugh:

What can I say....i'm well versed in many things...... that aren't worth a damn.
  • April0815
    I can't wait until my husband comes in from offshore and he is washing our trucks and is sweating. I'm going to ask him if he has Bat Wings? i want to see if he knows what it is.:laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I have this problem too, but for me it's boredom. I have nothing to do at work. I get all my stuff done in the morning and then the afternoon just drags. I need to learn to pace myself better but I just can't!!

Memaw
  • ellybaby
    ellybaby Posts: 12
    I get like this during the winter months but not so much during the summer. Maybe the extra sunlight helps?
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I have this problem too, but for me it's boredom. I have nothing to do at work. I get all my stuff done in the morning and then the afternoon just drags. I need to learn to pace myself better but I just can't!!

Memaw

That is my problem too. Being bored at work, sucks!!! The phone doesn't even ring. Normally that will wake me up. :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.