New at this!

Options
My name is Kathy. I started my weight loss journey after a scare from the doctor during routine blood work…. Diabetes!! I started making a food journal; it was a real shock to see what all I eat in a day. I started making better food choices, and eating less. In just 5 short months 25 pounds just melted away!! My follow up blood work was great no signs of Diabetes. Now I am at a stand still on weight loss so I have started to work out, it is really hard to stay on track.....I am weak and need help, so here I am. :sad:

Replies

• rahrah6
    rahrah6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi my name is Robin and I am new to this also! : ) I have been having some medical issues and decided it's time to get back to shape again!! I know it won't be easy but I am ready!!
  • pepperjack
    Options
    :happy: I just read about a food plan where you eat 100 calories each hour. It's supposed to rev up your metabolism or something like that. I thought this would be too much trouble, so I am doing 200 calories every 2 hours, which is doable for me. Anyway, since I started 2 days ago I have lost 3 1/2 lbs. I'm sure most of that is water weight at this point, but its still a jump start. You might try that to see if it will get you going again with the weight loss.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome. You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kriggs
    kriggs Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you! How sweet of you. Those are some great looking kids you have there!!