Ideas for dinner sides?

Options
Hi! After having a REALLY rough couple of days and eating away all my feelings (self sabotage... great), I am finally ready to get back on track! I'm pre loggignall of my meals for tomorrow and going to the gym. Does anyne have any ideas for really healthy dinner sides? I am having grilled tilapia cooked with spices tomorrow so I'm thinking of something with veggies?

Thanks loves! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    pleaaase!
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    What about roasted veges, think butternut squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts with olive oil spray, salt, pepper, garlic powder?
    Being Middle Eastern I also love tabouli salad with grilled meats and a drizzle of tahini sauce, Yummy, making myself hungry actually!
  • hellosara08
    hellosara08 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A. a side of brown rice
    B. whole wheat pasta (a small serving)
    C. steamed veggies
    D. a veggie stir fry
    E. maybe low cal bread with lettuce and tomatoes to make a fish burger
    F. a tortilla wrap with veggies and the tilapia

This is just off the top of my head. I tend to mix and match some of these items (Ex. stir fry veggies, a side of brown rice, and tilapia). Hope this helps. :)
  • RoseAmongThorns91
    RoseAmongThorns91 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I prefer steamed veggies to roasted - but that's just me.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd have a big colourful salad wish fish - spinach leaves, cherry tomatoes, yellow peppers, cucumber, maybe some black olives, in a lemon juice and black pepper dressing.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    baby red taters,

i like to get green beans and snap them. cook them till they are tender add some EVOO , onions and garlic yum.

Cook up some brown rice in low cal chicken broth add onions and green peppers.

If you want to try something out there get a whole corn on the cob and let it sit in a baggy of italian dressing and a tad of salf and grill it up.

Get some whole wheat spaghetti noodles and cook them to how you like them. Then shock them after straining the water set them in a bowl of ice water. In another bowl add some dice tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers and use some Italian dressing just dont make it to strong then add salt and pepper to tast. Add noodles and enjoy!
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like roasted veggies- favorites are green beans, brussel sprouts, and broccoli.
    Sometimes I sautee some baby spinach until it wilts along with some mushrooms and spices.
    Okra is great too.