~*~ Motivation Jars ~*~ (re-post)

Options
I decided to re-post this because of making a new account, and I figured some of my new friends would enjoy seeing it. Mind you, this picture is from when I first made them, so my marble count is inaccurate. I bought all the supplies at Wal*Mart. I'm pretty sure it was less than $10. I "splurged" and got the fancier stickers. ^_^ Anyway, this has really motivated me. I have them in my bathroom, so I see them every day. It sounds kind of silly, but moving over marbles is very exciting!

zlztjm.jpg

If any of you are looking for creative ways to inspire your own journey, I would definitely recommend trying this. You could do other variations as well. Maybe exercise goals, miles ran or something pertaining to your weight training goals. Another idea someone suggested was hours worked out. Whatever your goals are, keep it up guys/gals! :)

Replies

• Beleren
    Beleren Posts: 142
    Options
    oh that's pretty cool, i never "read" the jars. I seen them on your profile.

Thanks :) I had a ton of fun making these. I love stickers!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    thats such a cool idea :D
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I reaaaally want to make those now.
    I am so going to Walmart tomorrow.
  • Beleren
    Options
    thats such a cool idea :D

Thanks!

I reaaaally want to make those now.

You should, you'll have fun. :)
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, will be going home via shops to make my jars. Think I will keep them in my kitchen near the goodie cupboard - make me think twice about going in it!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I made motivation jars too, after seeing some really cute ones on Tumblr! :D Mine are tiny and shaped more like a fishbowl, and have clear stones and pink rhinestone letters for the words!
  • Beleren
    Options
    What a great idea, will be going home via shops to make my jars. Think I will keep them in my kitchen near the goodie cupboard - make me think twice about going in it!
    There ya go! Go for it.

Nice!! I made motivation jars too, after seeing some really cute ones on Tumblr! :D Mine are tiny and shaped more like a fishbowl, and have clear stones and pink rhinestone letters for the words!
    Sounds awesome. :]
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

Dude, I love Tumblr.
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    Okay I have got the supplies, now to create a masterpiece haha.
    Ill post some pics when I am done.
  • BosLady1
    BosLady1 Posts: 83
    Options
    What a great way to visualize weight loss! I am DEF going to do this.. I'm so excited lol. I love using items to visualize how much I have lost (15 lbs so far) but this idea is just super cute and fun! Thanks for sharing one of your motivators... and admitting you love stickers lol... I do too and get some weird looks for it sometimes lol..
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    Wow, that was soooo much fun! And motivating. Each represents 1/2 lb. My containers are too big, ohwell.

MotivationJars.jpg

16$
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    What a good idea! I have a sticker chart. I get a red sticker everytime I workout and a blue sticker everyday I stick to my eating plan.
  • bemott
    bemott Posts: 180
    Options
    So creative and fun, love this!!!!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    OMG! What an awesome idea!!!! and I love stickers and little crafty things so I'm TOTALLY making myself some of these this weekend.

AWww.... thanks for sharing :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    this is a fantastic idea! I love hearing how people keep up their motivation!

I have a white board and a piggy bank, I track every km that I run (have set a goal of the distance between my home town of Ottawa and Marathon Greece) and pay myself per km. The first 500k were $0.25 per km, the next 500 is $0.30 etc. By the time all is said and done I'll have saved up just over $4000 and the friend I am doing this with and I are going to run the Athens marathon :D
  • Beleren
    Options
    Wow, that was soooo much fun! And motivating. Each represents 1/2 lb. My containers are too big, ohwell.

MotivationJars.jpg

16$

Love them!:)

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.
  • 1Kristine1
    Options
    Thanks for the idea!
  • sjp28
    sjp28 Posts: 6
    Options
    I made mine out of tequila shot glasses and pretty buttons! I'm keeping them on my coffee table as a friendly reminder when I snack or am being lazy. :p And you're right, moving a marble, button or stone over to the "lost" container is incredibly rewarding. :)
  • Beleren
    Options
    I made mine out of tequila shot glasses and pretty buttons! I'm keeping them on my coffee table as a friendly reminder when I snack or am being lazy. :p And you're right, moving a marble, button or stone over to the "lost" container is incredibly rewarding. :)

:) I'm glad you like it
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Thanks for the idea! Love the jars, and love the idea of smart placement. I'm thinking about putting right in the fridge, LOL!