slimming world

Options
2»

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian-menu.aspx#menu-buttons might help, you could add their example menu into an MFP profile.

Strikes me an overeater wouldn't lose an ounce following their plan.
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    http://www.slimmingworld.com/healthy-eating/non-vegetarian-menu.aspx#menu-buttons might help, you could add their example menu into an MFP profile.

And thats how they make their money :bigsmile:

I tried it a couple of years ago, lost half a stone in 2 weeks then not another pound which made me lose all motivation give up and put a stone back one! I would just eat LOADS of potato/pasta/veg and definitely did not cut my calorie intake. I imagine the half stone I lost was water weight from eating a bit cleaner and giving up alcohol.

I much prefer MFP's way of doing things, nothing else has every worked for me past the first half stone of water weight coming off. xx
  • widetobride
    widetobride Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow- that is amazing. i want to join the SW MFP group too !!! :0)))
  • widetobride
    Options
    I lost 5stone in a year on sw, and am still on it at target. There's a sw group on here If you want to meet others following the plan x

Wow- that is amazing. i want to join the SW MFP group too !!! :drinker:
  • widetobride
    Options
    Hi,

I've attended Slimming World twice in the past and would definitely recommend it. The first time I went I kept it up for about 9 months and lost around 3st (42 lbs), but the huge majority of that was in the first few months. Perhaps more importantly I kept alnost all of the weight off after I stopped going. Some notes from my experience:

- I lost a lot more weight when I was filling in a food diary, so using MFP as well is definitely a good idea.
    - When I stopped staying for the meetings I pretty much stopped losing weight. If you don't have to sit there and explain yourself to the rest of the group then you lose some of the motivation.
    - While I'm still not sure of the "science" behind it, you really can lose weight by eating as much as you like (of certain things).

Simon

P.S. yarwell - You don't count calories on Slimming World, you have Red and Green days and can eat as much as you like of certain things on each day, then you have "Syns" which are like Weight Watchers points for the other stuff.

Another inspiring story!!! definitely gonna keep doing Slimming World :drinker:
  • widetobride
    Options
    I've just started today, will someone tell me if I've done it correctly.

Breakfast: 2 boiled egg, 2 pieces of lean bacon and some mushrooms
    Dinner: One jacket potato (no butter), white fish and some fat free cottage cheese.
    Tea: Ready Brek with 350 skimmed milk (Healthy A and B)

Snacks: Fat free Muller yoghurt with strawberries and an orange.

I think you need more Super-free foods, like fruit and veg. You either can do meat or carbs, but if you combine them, a third has to be veg or fruit.... I think!!! :ohwell:
  • widetobride
    Options

I tried it a couple of years ago, lost half a stone in 2 weeks then not another pound which made me lose all motivation give up and put a stone back one! I would just eat LOADS of potato/pasta/veg and definitely did not cut my calorie intake. I imagine the half stone I lost was water weight from eating a bit cleaner and giving up alcohol.

I much prefer MFP's way of doing things, nothing else has every worked for me past the first half stone of water weight coming off. xx

I love Slimming World, but I don't lose weight if I eat pasta. Probably because I can eat a tonne of it!!! I lose weight if I have red days, or Extra Easy, but the first sniff of pasta, and I gain two pounds back!!! Only been back on it a month, and lost half a stone tho, so very pleased :happy:
  • vickycollo
    vickycollo Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I love Slimming World, but I don't lose weight if I eat pasta. Probably because I can eat a tonne of it!!! I lose weight if I have red days, or Extra Easy, but the first sniff of pasta, and I gain two pounds back!!! Only been back on it a month, and lost half a stone tho, so very pleased :happy:

I did Slimming World years ago and did lose some weight on it, but I had to stop attending the meetings. I don't know if it's the meetings in this area of the country (I've tried several) or if it's how all their meetings are, but I find them really patronising and not motivational in the least. I want recipe ideas and tips to get the most out of the plan. I don't want to hear about everybody's week, results, pitfalls, downfalls, excuses...

SW Leader: Vicky, you've put on two pounds this week. Why do you think that is?
    Me: Because I ate all the pies.

It just reminds me of Fat Fighters from Little Britain.
  • petsd
    petsd Posts: 2
    Options
    Just started.
  • petsd
    petsd Posts: 2
    Options
    You need to remember that your body doesn't know what calories are! It knows when its full and how to digest food and take what it needs out of it. The stuff it doesn't need either gets flushed out or turns to fat. That;s why slimmig world and other diets like weight watchers simple start let you have more calories. You maybe having a lot of calories but they are the calories you need and that your body can burn off.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    ^ you resurrected a 2 year old thread to say that?! :indifferent: