mummies trying to loose their baby weight!

Options
chloebarge
chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
Hi everyone,
I had my beautiful daughter 8 months ago and have found myself snacking, doing very little exercise and have ended up 2 stone overweight. I kept meaning to do something about it but found it hard to find time for exercise and to cook myself a healthy meal so snacking all day has taken its effect. But now i am determined to get my figure back and have lost 4lbs so far!
I thought us mummies could motivate each other and maybe share some tips for fitting things around the children. Feel free to add me :)
Chloe xxx

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I thought us mummies could motivate each other

how do you care for your baby if you're wrapped tightly with linen?

(sorry, couldn't resist :p)
  • chloebarge
    chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looks like i need to learn to spell aswell as lose weight haha!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm a mum of a 2yo, I've lost almost 70 pounds and now weigh the same as when I was a teen! Ive maintained it for almost 2 months now. Feel free to add me :)
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Munmnies is plural for mummy in the uk, you're fine! :tongue:

But I am also trying to lose baby weight, add me if you like. :smile:
  • MollyMinx
    MollyMinx Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm the same but my daughter is nearly two so I've had longer to lose weight but all I've done is use the time to put it on! I'm back at work now and my bad time is about 3pm, even when I'm really busy the work is so boring that I wander off to the vending machine :(. I need more will power!
    xx
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

Munmnies is plural for mummy? but mummy doesn't have n's in it o.O
  • katief1982
    katief1982 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My son is 18 months next week... I put on 5 stone during pregnancy and was overweight before that (not a proud person to admit that) however by his first birthday I was only 2lb off my pre-pregnancy weight, and had done this by watching what I ate.

I then stuck around the same point since January but I feel time is the real factor - as I had to return to full time work - so evenings and weekend are our time together, and the urge to snack!.

Have decided I want to stop avoiding the camera as all pictures of us I really dislike how I look, so making time for the gym again along with ensuring I eat better
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Munmnies is plural for mummy? but mummy doesn't have n's in it o.O

Today I have decided it shall. :bigsmile:
  • leanne_bailey
    leanne_bailey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    im also a mummy my daughter is 2n a half and my so is 20 months.... yes i had them real close together i had my daughter and by the time she was 5 weeks old i was pregnant again lol therefore i have double the baby weight to lose lol feel free to add me and we can support each other :) x
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Please add me - my dd is 2 next month. I'm not trying to lose pregnancy weight - I always lose weight when pregnant but all the weight I've put on afterwards and before.

I have lots of ten minute exercise dvd's that I use plus I walk everywhere - some days burn almost 900 cal just walking.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    im also a mummy my daughter is 2n a half and my so is 20 months.... yes i had them real close together i had my daughter and by the time she was 5 weeks old i was pregnant again lol therefore i have double the baby weight to lose lol feel free to add me and we can support each other :) x

Ditto my middle two have 11 months between them
  • leanne_bailey
    leanne_bailey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hard work isnt it :( but their worth it :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I gained 50 lbs during my last pregnancy and I've gotten it off and then some! I was also a size 9 before baby, now I am a 3-5 :) My biggest advice is not to feel bad for taking the me time you need to get a workout in. If that means ploppin the baby infront of some cartoons and a ton of toys for an hour than so be it. It won't hurt em. Infact, Team UmiZoomi has taught my kid math lol so it's a win-win.
  • KathShum2012
    Options
    Very glad to join this group. My son is 2 and I have lost 30 lbs by using MFP, but I am just now looking for more friends for support. i need to lose about 15 more pounds to get to my goal weight. Feel free to add me or any other Mommys' out there. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • AprilLBradley
    AprilLBradley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had 3 babies in 4 years and I am ridding myself of this baby weight also! My youngest just turned 1 and after he was born I found myself just piling on the weight and I soon got disgusted. I have lost 40 pounds and I have about another 15-20 I want to lose. Add me if you like! Happy losing ;)
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Does it count as baby weight if my baby is about to turn 5? Last year I manage to completely loose the baby weight doing Zumba and eating right. Then school started, the class was canceled, and I went back to snacking around my daughter's activities instead of eating right. Now I'm right back where I started. Anyone feel free to add me! Us mommies have to stick together :)
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Oh goodness, my son is 4 and I still need to shed some of that awful weight... Hopefully I can get some motivation on here. I lost some weight before I started here, so I'm on almost 3 kilo's in total now. Another 11 or so to go :-)
    Feel free to add me! It's always nice to make new friends who can motivate each other!
  • JenniLisette
    JenniLisette Posts: 132
    Options
    my daughter just turned 1 in may, and i've lost most of the weight, i'm 6lbs away from my pre preggers weight, however i'm 15 lbs away from my goal weight.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have 2 little ones. A 4 year old & 2 Year old. I'm pretty bad with snacking all the time, so I'm changing that. Just started up this week. Add me if you want :D
  • cleorh
    cleorh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My Babies are not little anymore (5-11) but I did have four children in 5 years. I topped the scales at 17 stone after my second and now weigh in at 12 stone 10 / 178 lbs. I have at least 28 lb plus to lose to get to weight I was before I got pregnant.
    Feel free to add me, the more the merrier to get to my goal weight !!!!