Hi, New and Curious

Options
Hello all!
I'm pushin' 40 and need to lose over 100 lbs. I work in advertising at my local newspaper; the job is highly stressful and very sedentary--I'm a graphic designer. I have tried many diets over the years and have only been successful at yo-yoing.
I've recently started swimming (ugh, I know, I hate putting on that suit), and it makes me feel pretty good all day. I'm curious about your goals and what exercise programs have been working best for you.
Thanks in advance for all of your support!

Blessings,
Melissa

Replies

• mogo68
    Options
    Hello all!
    I'm pushin' 40 and need to lose over 100 lbs. I work in advertising at my local newspaper; the job is highly stressful and very sedentary--I'm a graphic designer. I have tried many diets over the years and have only been successful at yo-yoing.
    I've recently started swimming (ugh, I know, I hate putting on that suit), and it makes me feel pretty good all day. I'm curious about your goals and what exercise programs have been working best for you.
    Thanks in advance for all of your support!

Blessings,
    Melissa
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Hello, mogo, and welcome!

Yes, 40 brings many changes, not the least of which is the body's annoying habit of "holding on" to those calories. With busy lives come bad food choices, sometimes. I'm certainly guilty of that!

I was very sick in 2004-5 and could only go to work and sleep, mainly. I didn't want any food due to drugs I had to take to get better, and really had to force myself to eat. I tried to eat mostly sugary things, because of the quick energy pop. I lost 47 pounds during my year of treatment. Then, suddenly after the chemo I was able to stand the smell-and taste of food again and, unfortunately, I found 37 pounds again. So now that I know that I CAN survive on small portions, I thought it may be easier to convince myself to eat less. So I started on August 21 with the MyFitnessPlan, and I lost 7 pounds in the first 8 days. So, I'm very encouraged .

This is such an easy process, and I can log in when I want and do research and enter foods and exercise. I'm off work right now, so I do a lot of time on the computer. The fact that the website is free is SO much better than any of the other food choice programs.

My goal is to lose 35 pounds. I started at 195, 5'7". There are several others here who want to lose around 100 pounds. I'm sure they will love to be encouragement to you, too.

Keep us posted. Welcome!

cm