MFP spitfires cycling club week 5!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    OK... I can share this among friends :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Driving to work on Wed I noticed a really new, and really mangled road bike sitting at the end of a driveway for trash collection. I turned around and met with the owner on the driveway, to find out his wife drove over his new bike while backing up. I say "Hmmm you don't mind if do some dumpster diving and take this off your hands?, it may have some useable parts ya know". No worries he says, and off I go.

Long story short, I salvaged an entire tiagra 9sp drivetrain (shifters, fr & rr der. cassette, chain, brakes,crank, bottom bracket, headset). Even made away with seat post and a few other things. Great head start to a cylcocross bike :drinker: :drinker:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I was flipping out on that stage with George. I was screaming GO GEORGE, GO!!! Too bad he could not catch one of the wheels ahead of him. Unsung hero, that's his motto I guess. No time for gold. Too bad.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Kudos on the salvage!!! I have a feeling George will be on a new team next year.... :wink:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm new.
    I think I'll pledge... 5 miles.
    That's stretching it for me.
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm new.

Good for you cello!!! Glad to see you here!!!:happy: :flowerforyou: :happy:

exercise.png
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I'm new.

Thanks! Maybe I'll find a little support here.
  • skywalker
    Options
    You've already got mine!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    Long story short, I salvaged an entire tiagra 9sp drivetrain (shifters, fr & rr der. cassette, chain, brakes,crank, bottom bracket, headset). Even made away with seat post and a few other things.

It is amazing what some people will throw away. The only thing damaged was probably the frame and handlebars. Everything else was still brand new!
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    I'm new.

Thanks! Maybe I'll find a little support here.

It doesn't matter how many miles you ride, as long as you ride. The miles will come later as long as you keep at it.
  • dlestermfp
    Options
    Well, how accurate is a Garmin?

My weekly mileage, according to the technology, was 97.63 miles. Not quite 100. I debated going around the block a couple of times to meet the pledge amount, but that just seemed silly.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Great goals this week and welcome new folks! Life has been moving at breakneck speed this week but overall thing are good. Keep riding pals!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well i broke my goal, smashed it even!!

I rode 41 miles this week, and i had pledged 20! :happy:

I did my longest ride today of nearly 18 miles.... the longest i had done before was 8 miles.

Any advice on how to stop my arms from aching so badly and cramping, this only happened in the last mile and a half though.

I pledge 30 miles this week :happy:

Jax
  • skywalker
    Options
    Good for you Jax!!! As far as your arms go, check to make sure you're not locking your elbows or gripping the bars too tightly. This is something I used to do and would have numbness in my hands and some aching in my arms. Maybe try to pay attention to that next time you ride and see if you notice a difference. Hope that helps :happy:

I did not meet my goal this week. I was planning a ride today, but am a bit under the weather. If I do work up the motivation to ride later, I'll post again...:frown:

Goal 125
    Actual 101

exercise.png
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice :flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Well, I didn'tride today and I forgot to post my goal for the week...

I pledge 150 to make up for my 24 mile deficit :happy:

exercise.png
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well I got in 75 (pledged 90), not too bad since I just started I guess, I'm pretty happy with that... I did some running too, I probably shouldn't have pledged so much! haha For this week I'm only going to pledge 50 cause my sister is in town and shes not a cyclist... unless I can count spin class! haha Have a great week everyone... :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I pledged 30 this week and did 20. We had out of town company and I was sick late in the week.

I'm going to say 30 again and this time I'll make it.
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I pledged 5 last time and made it right on.

I'll do 5 again this week.