Motivation!

Options
bazaar1982
bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
Hi all, I'm try AGAIN to lose some weight, but find it hard to get motivated. Any tips!

I'm female, 6ft and currently 193lbs, so about 35lbs to go till I'm back to prebaby weight.

Add me!

Replies

• Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Set ur w/o clothes in bathroom the night before so you'll have them ready to w/o first thing in the morning. That's what I've done for years.
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

The MFP tools I find great motivation. Log all of your calories and try and stay under your target. If you go over by a small margin go for a brisk walk to smash your way back under your target.

If you're up for jogging or hitting the gym then that will obviously really help too!

Good luck!

Andy
  • yogibear1023
    Options
    I find the food and exercise diary very motivating. It helps me see the immediate benefit of working out and burning those calories to stay close to my net calories for the day. I resisted keeping a food diary for SO long but now I definitely see how helpful it is. Yesterday I had a snack attack and ate a lance peanut bar :-( . It was suppose to be my rest day but when I logged it into my food diary and saw how far it pushed me over my calories for the day it made me WANT to work out and I did. So instead of being more than 300 calories over I was only 61 over.

Also finding a workout you enjoy is great as well. I started zumba in February and I never miss a class unless I'm out of town. It's never a chore to go and that has made a huge difference for me.

Good luck!
    Sending friend request.
  • sweetebonyprincess
    sweetebonyprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For me i wake up an hours early to workout before my children wake... Great way to start the day.
    Each night i plan my meals for the next day may not always go to plan.. but it won't be far from what i've planned.
    When you about to pick think do i really need that food, drink some water give it 5/10 mins and if you still feel that way then have it.
    Don't deny your self treats as you will crave it all the more make slow changes eg change white for wholemeal/brown, extra glass of water just build up.