Goal suggestions...

karamae
karamae Posts: 136 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I have been using this site since the middle of January. I've lost 19 pounds and am loving it. I weigh about 147 right now and am 5'8"ish. My sister is getting married next July and I am the maid of honor so I really want to be down more by that time. Do any of you have suggestions for a nice weight for me? I think it's around 135 but would love any suggestions.

I think I'll do mini goals, like every 3 months in order to get there. Does this seem to work for anyone? Any other suggestions would be wonderful!

:) Kara

Replies

• skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Everyone is different, but here is a general guideline:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    I agree with you, I think 130 to 135 would be a perfect weight for your height. You can aim for 130 so you have a few pounds to play with.

Also, for me mini-goals are the way to go. I have far more weight to lose than you do so I concentrate on only 10 pounds at a time. I have 50 pounds to lose and that number seems so depressing and overwhelming. Working toward a lower number and then starting over has helped me a lot!
    Good luck!!
    K

P.S. You're so pretty!!! Just don't upstage the bride next year. :laugh:
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    First of all- great job! 19lbs...that is amazing! Well done! As for the healthy weight or even healthy weight in general, I really don't know what to say. Foe me it has always been the way I felt in my own skin. I don't care about the numbers but rather go by the way I feel. So, some people might tell you 135, some might say 140 and some might say 130. The most important question is: How do you feel in your own skin at any of the numbers? I think you look healthy and beautiful!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Thanks Kendra! That's nice to hear. I really don't get caught up on the numbers, but just need to know what my mini goals should be. I think I'll do 5 pounds every 3 months. That should be easy. I'm off to look that that website to see what they say...thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.