Clean Eating

Options
Recently, I find myself snacking on a lot of processed granola bars and pre-packaged foods. I'd like to eat a more clean diet and have looked at things like the 10 day challenge. But, I'm afraid to go full tilt into it. So, what are some good ways to start on a clean eating plan? I have 2 children and a husband who would be eating this way along with me. I suppose my biggest fear in this is the cost. We do tend to eat quite a bit of meat and the local/grass-fed/organic meat is very expensive. We have a wonderful Farmer's Market that I plan to shop along with quite a few natural and organic stores. Is this way of eating possible to do for around $130 per week for a family of 4?

Replies

• bharriscar
    bharriscar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of chicken breasts from Sprouts. It doesn't have the salt and other stuff injected into it. It is about $1.99 a pound. We also like Broccoli Slaw, it is raw Broccoli plants that are shredded. You get a vegetable but it can be prepared many ways.
  • ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My family and I eat clean for around 150-200 bucks a week. Food prices have been going up. But you can do it. You can cook your own beans from scratch, brown rice from scratch, etc. Sometimes we get too fancy. You can add me as a friend if you like
  • jiggalude
    jiggalude Posts: 53
    Options
    Farmers' Markets are a great place to get fresh veggies and fruits (sometimes meats depending on what yours have to offer) for A LOT less! You just have to buy smart! It's doable. I supplement from the grocery store (ours is open on Tuesdays, and one further away on Fridays.) The cost difference is amazing!
  • mangosabayon
    Options
    oh my, we spend $250/week and we aren't eating anything organic, we also only buy veggies from farmers markets. how are you all spending so little? im open to tips lol