In Desperate Need of Some MOTIVATION!!! (pic included)

Options
So, I've really cleaned up what I've been eating the last couple of months. I'm still no health nut, but during the week I definitely load up on my veggies and watch my calories. But I need some motivation to start exercising (specifically strength training). I just can't get to the point where I stick with it very long. Anyway, I really just want some words of encouragement if possible...and advice is always welcome!!! Thanks!

[10qb3vq.jpg

Replies

• trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    Looking Great!
  • Chrisborro
    Chrisborro Posts: 85
    Options
    Idk you look perfect to me. :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    You look great - just look at all your hard work. Never give up. Take baby steps. I know it feels like to just not want to do it, but there are many time I have to force myself. Once I get there and get started, I am usually much better. Right now, I am on major restrictions due to an injury, so I can only do upper strength training (no cardio or lower strength due to a sprained hamstring and tare in my muscle). Just get started.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Keep doing what you are doing it's working :)
  • steve3146
    steve3146 Posts: 26
    Options
    What I like to do sometimes, if I want to workout for 30 minutes, I make a bad-*kitten* play lists that last 30 minutes. Sometimes I get distracted at the gym playing with my Ipod and lose focus. You can use the music to help you knock out the weights and hopefully keep you on track.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    WOW! Great Job..
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    for me, I see only part of your arm in the picture?

as to motivation, you may want to pick up the book, New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm currently having some great success.
    I know personally, for me, strength training makes all the difference.

Good luck!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    We seem to be built in a similar way ... try doing Beach Body Brazil Butt Lift. You are definitely looking good now, and I think that focusing on toning and lifting would benefit you :)
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • zedzac
    zedzac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi one ov the reason for weight loss is to hav urself looking the best u can so that is why it good to do some weight strenght traing as it helps to tone and get nice shape to ur body so remind urself ov that wen u try talking urself out ov sticking with it :-)
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think you look great- but I know how it is to always want to better your body. For me, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and 6 Week 6 Pack has really kept me on track- and it works! I haven't lost much weight (but I don't have that much to lose), but I can tell a huge difference in the way my body looks. I'm much more tone than I was before I started this program. And my love handles are pretty much gone! Yay! I was always what I considered to be "skinny fat" but now I'm starting to look more lean.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Just do it for a week straight, total commitment, no "maybe I'll go tomorrow", no excuses... one week! You will see the next week will be almost an addiction because you feel so great from the last week. That's how it was for me. I never liked strength training because I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and it was embarrassing when guys watched me in the weight room and I was trying to figure out what the hell I was gunna do with the barbell I just picked up (lol), but now I am pretty much pushing them out of my way when they are blocking the equipment I need.... I seriously got addicted to working out and eating right just by doing everything by the book for about 20 days. No cheating, no excuses. I've had great results (lost 9 lbs in 20 days) and am really excited to go to the gym everyday because it's obvious that it propels my weight loss and I'm starting to see muscle definition - way stoked on that! I actually have found it to be my way of relieving stress and having fun! Yes fun! My workouts (on a good day) are two hours and sometimes (on a bad day) are 30 minutes, but everyday no matter what, so far I have been extremely excited to go to the gym. So if this doesn't motivate you.... then keep reading through the forums ;) Something someone posted is bound to kickstart your "I want to go to the gym now!" attitude <3 XoXo
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    hi one ov the reason for weight loss is to hav urself looking the best u can so that is why it good to do some weight strenght traing as it helps to tone and get nice shape to ur body so remind urself ov that wen u try talking urself out ov sticking with it :-)

Sorry...But this gave me a headache reading it.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Strength training = awesome abs = happy. (for me at least)

Go do it. Be happy!!!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just like kicking bad habits takes time, forming good habits can take time, too. You need to find what it is that will make you keep doing it. For example, I love following DVDs because it's less "effort" on my part! I also love mixing up routines. I can't stick with a single DVD for long, so I love P90X, for example. Some people can't stand to do the "stay in one place" workouts, so if you're one of those, maybe doing sports would be your thing… maybe running, tennis, volleyball league, rock climbing (indoor kind),… something like that? Or maybe classes like spinning or barbells or … ?

Also, don't tell yourself you have to do it everyday. Start out with 3 days a week.

Exercise is important for your health, so I do encourage you to find different things that keep your interest. Be sure to include both cardio and strength aspects.

I think once you start doing it and seeing the positive changes in body composition, you'll want to keep doing it… whether you "like" it or not! BTW- you are looking good now!

Best of luck!!!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I too hate weight training, but I am at the point where I probably won't be able to lose much more weight, but I would LOVE to LOOK thinner--and the best way to burn inches is through strength training. I bought this book that was suggested to me: Turn Up Your Fat Burn: Go from Frustrated to Fit... It has a 4 week program, that contains 2 days of strength training per week and each week is a new routine. I started it 2 weeks ago and surprisingly have been able to stick with it. I like knowing that after 1 day, I'm half-way through it for the week.

I would maybe look for something through Fitbe or google something on full body strength training routines. I am more-so able to stick with it when I only have to do it 2 days a week. And honestly the after burn/soreness keeps me going! I'm LOVING the fact that I'm working my body out--I haven't felt soreness in a LONG time. My arms and glutes are looking good in just a few short weeks. I'm also realizing I'm not AS in shape as I thought I was--and I'm a medium-distance runner. So, while I HATE weight training WHILE I'm doing it--I'm loving the results.

Just some suggestions! I hope you find some of the tips helpful. Good luck!
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    You look great seriously, make working out fun. Start slow and work your way into a groove. I say Pain is weakness leaving the body but other folks feel the pain of a work out and quit dont be that person! Dont do it to the point that you get. Again make it fun.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I love Strength training!!!! I am trying to work it in every other day. I go to the gym...the classes are like appointments I need to keep. It helps with calorie burn and inches...feels GREAT!!! You can do it one day at a time!! Also to start my MFP's helped...if I posted it was my plan for the day I would feel bad if I didn't follow through :happy:

Take your measurments and get started!!!! Happy Summer :flowerforyou:
  • FitSlimHappy
    Options
    I find setting goals and rewards helps! Not the food kind though! When I reach my goal weight I've planned to buy an expensive dress from a shop that I wouldn't want to by from now because I know the dress wouldn't look great with all my lumps.

I'm also 3 days in to the 30 Day Shred programme, and it's definitely keeping me motivated because I know that people who complete it see great results! Plus its thirty days long so it helps to know where the light at the end of the tunnel is!

But most of all, you've got to want to lose weight for yourself, you can't do it for anyone or anything else. If you got good intentions, it should keep you motivated! But having MFP is definitely helping me, the people on here are so supportive, so communicate with your friends on here you can help keep each other motivated :)
    Feel free to add me too if you like! You can never have too many friends when it comes to losing weight!!
  • skinnedknee101
    skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys...I have the Ripped in 30 DVD. I'm going to at least try to get through that. I don't have a gym membership right now (too expensive). But I'm going to do whatever I can to get the body I know is in here somewhere. Just have to stick with it. I was taking a strip-tease cardio class which was fun even though I'm rhythmically-challenged. I think I'll start doing that once a week again!