hungry girl ingredients

Options
LOVEsummer
LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
I love my Hungry Girl cookbook, but I can't find the Pasta Substitute anywhere!!!
Does anyone know where I can get it... Where I live we have a Trader Joe's, Safeway and a Raley's...??!!
Thanks
Ash

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I saw them at Super Target in the produce department.
  • coolviolet73
    Options
    I found them online. Here's a link to their website with store information: http://www.house-foods.com/Tofu/tofu_shirataki_store.aspx.

Good luck in your search!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    house-foods.com makes tofu shirataki noodles and their website will show you where they sell it, although I have found it in other stores like local produce markets and health food stores. On the website they say they sell it in Safeway although I have never been in one.
    The noodles are in packs that require refrigeration..... so when you go to your safeway, check out all the fridge sections they are usually put by the tofu and organic stuff. Good Luck! oh and I have seen them anywhere from $1.25 to $3.00 a bag usually 2 bucks though
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If you go to the website for the pasta substitute (do a google search) it has a store locator on it. It says that it's sold at Price Chopper around here- not sure if you have Price Chopper or not, but either way the website should be able to help :wink:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If you'd like, you can check out quinua or buckwheat pasta. It won't be as low calorie, but you can avoid the excess soy in your diet and it'll potentially have better nutritional value. Any organic/health/whole food store should have them. You can also try spaghetti squash - its cheap, easy to use, keeps for months, and is crazy good for you.

The tofu shirataki noodles I've seen at Giant along with Gimmie Lean, and other veggie/vegan foods.
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    Does anyone know if they are good or not?