gear grinder

Options
Do people ask you stuff about your weight loss or say things to you that make you just wanna say 'Grrr'? It seems to be getting worse.... i know i was 'big' and i know i have lost quite a bit of weight but what really grinds my gears is when people ask me about 'how my "diet" is going?' or say "omg you're fading away to nothing you should eat more"!
Gees... was i really that 'big'? First of all im not 'dieting' i have changed my lifestyle! I hate the word diet... diets dont work! Secondly i work my butt off and eat quite alot of food! I am doing things right this time round!

Does anyone else get this on a regular basis? I cant stand it... compliments are wonderful.. and they help boosts self-confidence but for real.... it's getting alittle much! Any ideas of how i can respond when people say stuff like they do without losing my control and telling them where to go?

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

Gees... was i really that 'big'? First of all im not 'dieting' i have changed my lifestyle! I hate the word diet... diets dont work! Secondly i work my butt off and eat quite alot of food! I am doing things right this time round!

Diets don't work? How do you know that, is that scientific?

I ask because they sure work for me. There are periods when through injury or working away when I put on extra weight. I then go on 'a diet' for a few months and guarantee that my diet where I stop eating the things I love, and drinking the things I love, will absolutely 100% work for me

Diets certainly do work
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Unless someone is deliberately trying to get my goat I just say thank-you.
  • wildboar1
    wildboar1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Just say "Yeah, the enemas are really paying off"
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I ask because they sure work for me. There are periods when through injury or working away when I put on extra weight. I then go on 'a diet' for a few months and guarantee that my diet where I stop eating the things I love, and drinking the things I love, will absolutely 100% work for me

They work temporarily yes! But not long term... you just said that you diet when you need to lose the weight you gained back. i have done a lot of dieting in the past and my weight has always fluctuated up and down. just like many people i know that have done the diet thing they cut out the foods they love and then they get to where they want to be start eating regular again they gain it back. You shouldnt have to neglect the foods you love... moderation is the key. maybe my choice words were wrong. Just saying
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

They work temporarily yes! But not long term... you just said that you diet when you need to lose the weight you gained back. i have done a lot of dieting in the past and my weight has always fluctuated up and down. just like many people i know that have done the diet thing they cut out the foods they love and then they get to where they want to be start eating regular again they gain it back. You shouldnt have to neglect the foods you love... moderation is the key. maybe my choice words were wrong. Just saying

Maybe I shouldn't have to neglect the foods I love but that's what works for me - I have to.

A diet does work for me long term - I diet to get to my desired weight and then I stop dieting and maintain my correct weight - that works perfectly long term. A diet is my long term solution, and it works just fine

Ok so here I am after an injury - 20 lbs overweight

I have 2 options - your lifestyle change where I moderate what I eat and gradually...... gradually, after a year get back to my desired weight and then maintain it

My 'diet' where I dedicate myself completely to my diet and refuse to eat ANY sweets, cakes, chips, coke, butter etc, lose a healthy 2 lbs a week, then after 3 months I am back to my perfect weight ready to eat healthily and moderate my food to maintain my weight

I chose the 2nd - my diet definately works long term
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Too many compliments?

OMG
    LOL