What are the benefits of protein shakes?

2»

Replies

• Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    casein protein is different from whey protein

whey protein is fast acting protein which is great for pre/post workouts to quickly feed your muscles

casein is slow acting......good for feeding your muscles overnight
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member

whey protein is fast acting protein which is great for pre/post workouts to quickly feed your muscles

Thanks for that info. I was wrong about it being cheaper on their website, I was comparing the wrong size. It was cheaper at my gym and GNC. Did you see the variety pack? It has 16 of the 17 flavors in the box, that's a good way to try all the different flavors.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member

Thanks for that info. I was wrong about it being cheaper on their website, I was comparing the wrong size. It was cheaper at my gym and GNC. Did you see the variety pack? It has 16 of the 17 flavors in the box, that's a good way to try all the different flavors.

yea, my gf and I almost ordered that lol, maybe next time
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    GNC online had it on sale not to long ago, I don't know about now.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    I drink Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. Very good. They have 17 different flavors. Low in Calories, Fat, and Sugar. This is the one my trainer put me on. She is very funny about things like this. I drink it right after I work out and 45min-1hr before bed.

x2, optimum nutrition has some really great protein powders

it could be a little more costly, but the taste is worth it

I just ordered a 10lb tub of Scivation Chocolate...its not as good, but still is yummy.....much cheaper

Whey protein is good for pre and post workouts....quickly repairs your muscles with the fast acting protein
    Casein protein is good for a bedtime snack....slowly repairs muscles overnight

Where do you purchase your gold standard protein? I bought mine from the gym, when I went on their site is was cheaper. Also GNC online had it on sale too. What flavors of that brand have you tried. I tried the double chocolate and vanilla ice cream both are very good. I do the two a day one post workout and one right before bed. Sometimes just to change the flavor up I will add a lil almond extract to the shake.

I am an online shopper when it comes to certain stuff. Bodybuilding.com has some great prices and ships faster than anyone I ever seen

I had the vanilla ice cream, chocolate, strawberry.....and their chocolate casein

they were all great but noticed the vanilla getting a little tiring for me.....

Try a little natural pb in your shake, its really good and fills you up too!

bodybuilding.com is awesome- Thats my hardcore forum- Those people don't play at all- No hand holding there thats for sure
This discussion has been closed.