Cycling with a sprained ankle

Options
Like an idiot, I tripped and sprained my ankle Sunday evening when doing the gardening.

It came up in a lump on Monday and some amazing busing on Tuesday.

url][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/ElizaF/Bye_Bye/Ouch.jpg[/url] The nurse who examined it after I was x-rayed recommended basic physio exercises and told me that I should be up and about on it or it would take longer to heal. Now I am beginning to wonder if she meant all exercise or just walking and stretching. Can/should I exercise on it? I cannot get a consistent answer to this. (LIke a fool I googled for an answer) I used the stationary bike for 30 mins yesterday and it does not hurt at all today (I used it on a flat cycle rather than the 'hills' programme I usually use) Has anyone here ever had a sprain that they exercised though? Were there any negative side effects afterwards?[/img]

Replies

• jeremyakin
    Options
    Hi, I just wanted to follow up to see how the cycling went on the sprained ankle. I sprained mine a couple days ago and although it's feeling better, I'm still not sure about getting on the bike yet. Any thoughts from your personal experience?

Thank you