Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How do you eat your veggies?

I like most veggies cooked but there are only a few I can eat raw without dressing or anything. And I am trying to avoid dressing and dips because those just add a lot of extra sodium. So I need some ideas on how to make them taste better without adding a lot of extra calories or sodium!

Replies

• shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Spices galore! I never thought I liked veggies but YUM now I do!
    Lots of spices - cayenne, garlic salt or powder, onion salt or powder, lemon pepper, paprika, regular pepper.
    Usually we steam them.
  • JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    bump
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    I steam my veggies ahead of time. When I want extra flavor then I will reheat them and throw them on a skillet with some liquid aminos (soy sauce alternative), chilli powder, and pepper.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    I've recently become obsessed with roasting veggies-- especially asparagus and broccoli. I just spray with a little olive oil and use a bunch of freshly ground salt & black pepper-- sodium isn't a huge concern for me, but I do sometimes forgo the salt and they're still delicious. I also sometimes squeeze some lemon or lime juice on top. Fantastic.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    On the grill!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Mine is usually frozen Spinach cooked in the micro for 6 with a sprinkling of garlic on to bring out the zing. Same can apply to broccoli too.
  • In stir frys, on the grill, raw, etc. Love veggies...Going to the Farmer's Market again this weekend to stock up. Bring on the eggplant!
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    I am not a fan of vegetables so I put them in a green smoothie and it is great. 1/3 green vegetables, 1/3 fruit and 1/3 water.
    Currently I am doing Kale, Spinach, Watermelon, Pineapple and a squeeze of lemon!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    insert vegetables into mouth and chew.

anyway
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Any way I can get them! ;o)
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    In my protein shakes, salads, combine them with quinoa
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    salt, pepper, garlic powder, spritz of olive oil
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    Most of the time we just roast them with a little olive oil and salt.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    I like to steam mine or sautee them. I also like to toss in non-salt spices for extra flavor. Good stuff.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Steamed with lemon juice and pepper
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    I like most veggies cooked but there are only a few I can eat raw without dressing or anything. And I am trying to avoid dressing and dips because those just add a lot of extra sodium. So I need some ideas on how to make them taste better without adding a lot of extra calories or sodium!

Why can't you eat the others raw?

I eat them all raw or steamed.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,674 Member
  • bleumanchu
    bleumanchu Posts: 23 Member
    I've been roasting tons of veggies in the oven, typically without any oil, and sprinkled with whatever spice suits my current whims--pepper, cayenne, curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, chili powder, etc. Zucchini, acorn squash, brussel sprouts, and asparagus get this treatment with varying degrees of spice. Spinach and broccoli I eat raw or lightly steamed. Kale I either steam or chop very finely and eat raw with a bit of lemon juice and some of the above spices.
  • simonek91
    simonek91 Posts: 18
    I really love mine raw (especially salads). A great way to add flavor without many calories is by adding a little lemon juice, pepper (and salt, if you must) and a dash of lite olive oil.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    usually with a fork when i'm feeling civilized

pop those bad boys on the grill with some spices and garlic waaaapooosh!