Options
Evette7
Evette7 Posts: 156 Member
I need new ideas?

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    canned beans, black, kidney, pinto, etc., cottage cheese, salsa or balsamic vinegar instead of dressing
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I couldn't finish my giant grilled T-bone at dinner last night, so I sliced up the leftovers and am eating that on a bed of chopped iceberg lettuce, baby spinach, chopped yellow and green peppers, tomato, and a few hot pepper rings.

I also like a "Santa Fe" salad with topped shredded chicken, grilled corn, and black beans.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Dried Cranberries
    Nuts
    Leftover Salmon
    Capers
    Feta Cheese
    Chickpeas
  • Raddichio
    Raddichio Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Red onions, avocado, and cherry tomatoes. With the avocado, I don't need any dressing.

Wilted Spinach Salad
    Combine 2 cups (3 oz) baby spinach, 1/4 cup red onion, and 1 TB crumbled bacon in large bowl.
    Mix 2 TB vinegar, 1-1/2 tsp water, 1 tsp sugar, and 1/4 tsp black pepper and heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over spinach salad and toss.
    Put salad on plate and garnish with 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
    205 calories - 19g carbs, 7g fat, 13g protein, 848 mg sodium, 16g sugar, 2g fiber

Forgot to add, if you want to do so, you can substitute 1 tsp olive oil + 1/2 tsp water for the 1-1/2 tsp water in the dressing. That would result in: 245 calories; 19g carbs, 12g fat, 13g protein, 848 mg sodium, 16g sugar, 2g fiber
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I don't really like salad dressing (which I guess is a good thing!)..so I make my own....olive oil, lemon or lime juice and salt and pepper. I also like cranberries, slivered almonds, sunflower seeds, shredded carrot and jicama, chopped raw turnip, mandarin oranges and cherry peppers. Forgot to add raw fennel in there....delicious!!
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a basic gal: black olives, cucumber, grape tomatoes, boiled egg white, carrots, red wine vinegar, croutons, sometimes salmon or tuna, and balsamic vinegar, or Walden Farms Calorie Free Dressing
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything! Radishes, bell peppers of all colors, carrots, cabbage, onions, shredded cheese, chick peas, cauliflower, broccoli, egg, grilled chicken, chicken salad, etc.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,430 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type I'm having. Here's my almost daily lunch salad:
    greens
    sliced mushrooms
    goat cheese
    blackberries
    raspberries
    blueberries
    strawberries (getting the picture here?!)
    some form of protein usually low sodium ham from the deli, grilled chicken breast or leftover steak
    likewise use balsamic vinegar for dressing (GOOD vinegar)

Other days I might do a taco salad type thing and add
    chickpeas
    avocado
    salsa
    cheddar cheese
    black beans
    shredded pork or chicken

Somedays spinach salad
    spinach
    hard boiled eggs
    purple onion
    bacon bits (real bacon)
    craisins
    balsamic vinegar

Hope these help
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, low fat cheese, tomatoes, salt, pepper. That's about it. I'm a bit of a purist with my salads
  • SaraADaigle
    SaraADaigle Posts: 51
    Options
    I am borning :) haha

Raw Spinach and Arugula
    Almonds
    Balsamic Vinegar
    Cucumbers sliced really thin
    Diced tomatos
    Diced strawberries
  • theberg
    theberg Posts: 80
    Options
    Base of spinach or spring mix
    peppers (red/yellow/green, sometimes jalepeño)
    tomato
    avocado
    meat (usually chicken, sometimes ground beef with homemade taco seasoning, rare occasion pork or steak)
    cucumber
    broccoli

Dressings are usually regular olive oil balsamic vinegar mix or salsa... I'm pretty bland, but I like these combos and eat them regularly.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll turn mine into a meal.

Brown some ground turkey or chicken or Morningstar veggie crumbles, spice to taste, and add some frozen corn near the end of the cooking. Scoop some onto a heaping plate of romaine lettuce. Add a couple of tablespoons of salsa and some yogurt.

The lettuce (in addition to being good for you) and the frozen corn provide a satisfying crunch and serves as a corn chip replacement. It's really good.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love to use guacamole as salad dressing! I know...weird. But way healthier than the ranch I used to pile on top!
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    New favorite - Salad Stop! I go with spinach, spring mix, and romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, black beans, corn, pepper mix, artichokes, sprouts, cucumber, and either tuna or chicken. If I go with tuna I add asian sesame dressing, with chicken I opt for Franks Red Hot and chipolte and have it chopped all together. Either way its fantastic!
  • cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    Usually put leftover meat in , tuna fish, or on Monday night I grill extra chicken to use each day. Eggplant, squash, broccoli are my 3 favorite things to throw in my salad! Sometimes I put shaved almonds or plain sunflower seeds in there too.

I use Walden Farms Sugar free dressings.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, tortilla strips, and sometimes a little crab meat or chicken.
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    chicken or tuna, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, strawberries, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, avocados, tomatoes, feta cheese, craisins.....it varies....I make sure i only pick one "treat" per salad though like cheese, craisins, or avocado so its still healthy. I like using balsamic vinegar or a lite vinegarette and if i am craving creamy i'll use tiny bit of creamy dressing and water it down with balsamic vinegar
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Tomato, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Crutons, Bacon Bits, Cucumber, Pepper, Celery & Dressing usually unless im out of something
    lol
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    spinach, light tuna with a tbsp of light mayo, 1 red apple diced, and a tbsp of olive oil and vinegar dressing......YUM!
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, pickled beets, pickles, nuts, seeds - not all at the same time.