AM or PM workouts most successful :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I usually work out PM, but that is because my gym is not open 24/7 so don't have the opportunity to go in the am, unless I am off one day, but everyone is right I think....whatever time will keep you going is he right time
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I think when you workout should depend on what your work hours are, the type of work you do, and whether you want to work out in a gym or outside.

For me to use my prime energy first thing in the morning would make my afternoons hard at work. If I wait until after work, exercise will re-energize me by dealing with the stress from the day. I also have a very hard time getting up before the sun rises. Generally, I like to workout after dinner, but before sunset. I tend to exercise outdoors.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    i work out in the am, first thing. It energizes me for my day. I love the endorphines. I dont do caffine gotta get the endorphines. However, My main work out is alternating walking then lifting. In the winter time due to extreme cold, I walk in the after noon when it warmest. So i have to go with, what ever works best with you. and you do look great.
  • Shakila87
    Shakila87 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for your input!! I agree with mornings. I do like evenings too because I get off work at 5:00PM and the gym is litterally right across the street. Since the weather has been beautiful I have not been wanting to go to the gym period, let alone after work . So I have been getting up early to do workout dvds at home, the morning workouts allow me to have more time with my family in the evenings. I read a blog... said if you workout in the evenings eat a small dinner..that's hard to do after a workout I'm starved. Thanks again :-)
  • Shakila87
    Options
    i work out in the am, first thing. It energizes me for my day. I love the endorphines. I dont do caffine gotta get the endorphines. However, My main work out is alternating walking then lifting. In the winter time due to extreme cold, I walk in the after noon when it warmest. So i have to go with, what ever works best with you. and you do look great.

Thank you!!
  • Shakila87
    Options
    Well I workout both in the morning and in the evening...I find that I'm more tired in the morning and it's drag getting through my workouts but in the evening I'm more energized from being up all day and it helps me sleep :)

I agree: I get good sleep after and good workout and a hot shower!!
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work until 5 and go to the local YMCA by 5:30. i take classes presently 3 times a week. I think of it as my 2nd job! Love my classes.
  • Shakila87
    Options
    I do like evening workouts especially after a hard day at work!! Lately it has been difficult to schedule them in..I'm so antsy to get out of work and go home,
  • Shakila87
    Options
    Classes are THEE best they keep me motivated. I do Zumba, Body Pump and a strength-toning class :-)