Is peanut butter okay???

Options
I always thought peanut butter by its very nature was very fattening but I see people here recommending it as a snack:noway: Is that right can I have my peanu butter back:bigsmile: I also like Nutella:bigsmile:
How are people eating their peanut butter what are you spreading it on:huh:
A snack myself and my wife really enjoy is Ryvita crackers spread with extra light Philadelphia cheese spread and topped with salsa sauce the type of stuff you dip Doritos in. that is absolute heaven:bigsmile: :love:

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    if you talking nutrition-
    Peanut butter= good
    Nutella=bad

Look for Organic or Natural PB. Check the ingredients, they should be Peanuts! Mine has nothing else. Smuckers All Natural Creamy PB.

You will get used to it and not want the chemical laden standards ever again.

Watch your portion size, but it has protien and GOOD fats. Your body needs fats to function also so dont be afraid of it.

My snack for the end of the day is 1 slice pepperdidge farms litestyle oatmeal bread with 1 tbls PB

(look at the indreds of Nutella. Although yummy, it is nothing more than a candy!)
    :flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Watch your portion size, but it has protien and GOOD fats. Your body needs fats to function also so dont be afraid of it.

X2.

I have 1tbls spread over 2 pieces of toasted Whole wheat or 12 grain bread.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

X2.

ONE tablespoon on TWO pieces of bread?! It's a wonder you can even taste the peanut butter! :laugh:
    Me, when I DO have peanut butter, have TWO tablespoons on ONE piece of bread. THEN I can taste it. YUM!!! :laugh: :love:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat two pieces of healthy life bread and 1.5 tablespoons of PB for my lunch. I just got this "Naturally More" PB that has egg whites and flax seed, I'll let you know how it tastes. :wink:
  • thumper44
    Options

X2.

ONE tablespoon on TWO pieces of bread?! It's a wonder you can even taste the peanut butter! :laugh:
    Me, when I DO have peanut butter, have TWO tablespoons on ONE piece of bread. THEN I can taste it. YUM!!! :laugh: :love:

LOL :laugh: 2 tablespoons for one piece. Oh I'm sure you can taste it alright. I just have thoughts of roof of my mouth sticking to my tongue after that much PB.:laugh:

I can taste it no problem, and when it's toasted the PB spreads so nice.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter, but almond butter and macadamia nut butters are even better.................

And sunflower seed butter. YUM!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yes, peanut butter is good for you, in moderation. Yes it is high in fat, but it's a good fat. Eat natural peanut butter where the only ingredient is peanuts.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter, but almond butter and macadamia nut butters are even better.................

And sunflower seed butter. YUM!!

And cashew butter....yum....I make my own.

I have 1 Tbl of peanut or cashew butter on 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel every morning for breakfast.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Have peanut butter with apple. That is an awesom snack!!!!
  • thumper44
    Options

When I was a kid, I saw it somewhere, to core out an apple, and fill it up with peanut butter.
    I've done that a few times over my life, and each time, if someone saw it, they thought I was totally weird.
    It's been quite a few years actually since I've done it.
    It does taste good.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

When I was a kid, I saw it somewhere, to core out an apple, and fill it up with peanut butter.
    I've done that a few times over my life, and each time, if someone saw it, they thought I was totally weird.
    It's been quite a few years actually since I've done it.
    It does taste good.

My mom used to do this for me for part of my lunch. I'm a vegetarian and while growing up there weren't the alternitives to meat that we have now. This was one of my staples...yum.
  • goldk
    goldk Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    PB on one Kashi Waffle... YUM!!!
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of things to eat Peanut butter with! Celery, Apples, Carrots, in a protein shake, pretzels (although pretzels are empty calories)

I usually only eat 1 tbsp because its half the calories and fat of a full serving of 2 tbsp :)

I agree with everyone else too about natural peanut butter...the texture and taste is MUCH better than the usual "fake" tasting stuff :smile:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think peanut butter is great :)
    I have a hard time getting fat into my diet as I don't cook use butter or margarine on anything cause I think it tastes yucky and I used those t-fal pans so no need for oil or sprays for cooking.
    I pretty much have to rely on things like peanut butter, eggs, mayo, etc.. to get my fat in or atleast most of my fat in.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Almond butter is another very tasty treat. If you have a really good grinder or processor, it's possible to make it at home :)
  • szzanni86
    szzanni86 Posts: 5
    Options
    Low fat all natural peanut butter. The taste is awesome and it is thick.....No oils on the top!
  • dyf11710
    dyf11710 Posts: 19
    Options
    I eat naturally more peanut butter, I think its great.
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    it is only good if you eat like a gallon of it at a time....no wait...I got my measurements mixed up. 1 tablespoon at a time
  • mrsparker
    mrsparker Posts: 12
    Options
    I like to eat my natural pb on cinnamon raisin english muffin and chocolate chip rice cake it taste like a reese cup very good.
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    So the general consensus is Peanut butter is good:drinker: :heart: :love:
    The only type I can see in our supermarket though is Sunpat, time to shop around:bigsmile: