Pregnancy advice???

Options
I'm 28, a nursing student, and a cancer survivor. Due to chemo therapy my eggs most likely have been killed and my chances of having children are 5%. I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and we have been talking about taking my doctors advice and trying to have a child. If by miracle I do get pregnant it will be a high risk pregnancy. We are trying to plan to have the baby next may once the school semester is over and then I will only have one semester of school. We have talked about getting married but if we do then I will lose my financial aid for school and won't be able to pay for school on my own and will have to quit with only 3 semesters left.

I know there is information I need to know about how to prepare my body for getting pregnant, especially vitamins and foods I should be eating/avoiding. I just don't know where to look for this information? Any suggestions on good books or websites to look at?

Replies

• Vickitc
    Vickitc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A good website is whattoexpect.com. I love their books as well, they are a very easy read and think there might be 1 out for prior to conception. You could talk to your doctor as well, and see if there's anything they recommend you do as well. Good luck! Congrats on being a cancer survivor, so happy for you :)
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    1. Quit smoking
    2. Ask DR what prenatal s/he recommends, start taking it
    3. Don't stress

There isn't a whole lot to do before a pregnancy if you are a healthy weight and don't eat total crap/do drugs/binge drink.