Tips for Weekend Motivation?

I 'm having a difficult time staying motivated during the weekends and holidays? To be honest, I don't have the desire or motivation. The problem is, all the good I accomplished Mon-Fri, get's counter-balanced throughout the weekend. I don't jump off the train, I LEAP off the train. Any suggestions, besides try harder? lol

Replies

• corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 142 Member
    I'm fighting the same battle.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Make it a specific goal to do better on the weekends, at least one day on the weekend.

It is difficult when you are busy or doing fun things, but it can be done, just with some dedication.

Try to do better on Saturday this week and go from there.

If you are out and about (not home to cook), make it a goal to make better choices this weekend.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    I'm there with you!! I bail come Friday afternoon and Saturday! Sunday I'm back to being good again!
  • 23SVM88
    23SVM88 Posts: 47
    Ugh! I have the exact same problem, I do well all week on counting calories and exercising, then on the weekends I totally slack off and feel as though all my efforts during the week dont matter now. Suggestions needed!!!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    I think you need to find out exactly why you crap out on weekends? Once you have discovered the reason, you can take steps to remedy. Is it a lack of structure on the weekend? Make a schedule that includes a meal plan and stick to it.
  • lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Are you on Facebook? Women's Health Facebook site offers a weekend challenge that I do each weekend. The challenge gets me pumped for my day and I like to see the little progress I do from Friday - Monday. It also gets my mindset where it needs to be so I don't stray too far off the fitness path
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    I had that problem until I decided to really stick to MFP on the weekends just as well as I did on the weekdays. For me, it was just a matter of commitment to my MFP goals. Now at 10 pounds lost, I'm stuck with the same problem. I need to recommit to my MFP goals. When I eat the amounts that MFP tells me, then I lose. When I ignore it, I stagnate or gain. As someone also posted...plan your weekends. If you are going out to dinner, check the website of the restaurant ahead of time and know the details about what you are going to order - put it into MFP in advance, then plan the rest of your day around that. Sometimes, I have to be sure to include walking or other exercise so I can eat what I want to eat ;-) I love the days that I take a 2 hour walk with my walking buddy - it gives me a chance to eat some higher calorie foods without guilt. Stick to your plan and you CAN do it!
  • outdrsmn82
    outdrsmn82 Posts: 1
    I just try to "earn" some calories by doing household chores that burn calories. I mow the lawn with the push mower instead of my riding mower. I love to eat out. so what i do is try to find a place where i can get some good grilled or boiled food. i can have just as much fun without stressing. another thing that helped is eating 2 smaller meals and save all my calories for that particular high calorie meal you just have to have. i hope it helps you.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    maybe do your weigh ins on Friday ... so after a good week you dont' want to ruin your weight loss with a bad weekend?

How about have no cheat meails during the week and then plan out your breakfasts adn lunch for the weekend well in advance and leave your cheat meal(s) for weekend dinners?
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    I have the same problem--I am going to force myself to get out and explore this weekend, that way I am out of the house and away from food as well as getting some exercise. Explore your town, if you live in an outdoorsy area go hike some trails, bike around, find ways to keep yourself busy and you will be less likely to snack. If you plan a day long trip remember to take snacks (so you don't hit fast food on your way home) but make them healthy snacks like fruit. Good luck!!
  • Arkose
    Arkose Posts: 1
    I have problem with my calories 1200 that hard .
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    I had that problem until I decided to really stick to MFP on the weekends just as well as I did on the weekdays. For me, it was just a matter of commitment to my MFP goals. Now at 10 pounds lost, I'm stuck with the same problem. I need to recommit to my MFP goals. When I eat the amounts that MFP tells me, then I lose. When I ignore it, I stagnate or gain. As someone also posted...plan your weekends. If you are going out to dinner, check the website of the restaurant ahead of time and know the details about what you are going to order - put it into MFP in advance, then plan the rest of your day around that. Sometimes, I have to be sure to include walking or other exercise so I can eat what I want to eat ;-) I love the days that I take a 2 hour walk with my walking buddy - it gives me a chance to eat some higher calorie foods without guilt. Stick to your plan and you CAN do it!

Great advice ....... why should the weekends be different, when it comes to our health ?

Best of luck to you !
  • jsmith0644
    jsmith0644 Posts: 66 Member
    I'm fighting the same battle.

In a way the above is true in other ways. It is the same battle, we eat the same on the weekend as we do the rest of the week. The battle doesn't pause on Saturday. Heres what works for me: It takes about 15 minutes of my entire day to log the info into MFP. A drop in the bucket so I have no problem with that. I like what I see in the mirror now, I'm not done by a long shot but I like it. I want to live. I want to run up the stairs when I come home. I want to work in the sun with no shirt on. I want to look in the mirror and feel attractive. We all do. So we sacrafice. I keep doing it because I want these things. Besides it doesn't take up that much of the day, and my wife is proud of me. BTW...you know you're not supposed to be eating that.:blushing: :embarassed: :tongue: :happy: