uping calouries

Options
Does it really help ot eat more, ive lost over 8llbs with ww but it seems to be adding now, not happy at all, im eating fresh meat and fish with veg,/salad each day, the only thing thats a treat really is a banana and nutella sanwich, all my foods are weighted out.

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like it's time to switch it up! Even adding 100 (healthy) cals can make a huge difference in pushing through a platue. Try it for two weeks and see if you get a boost :)
    Good luck!
  • ucsneakerz
    ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I'd say to up your calories about 100 a day or so. If you're really worried about adding do it in something like a protein shake where the calories are sizable but you dont have to worry too much about the other stuff you're adding. I'd also recommend upping your water in take, as that may kick start your metabolism again. Also, are you allowing yourself a "cheat" meal per week? Something you really like and may be high calorie? Its important you let yourself indulge in this way so that you'll stick to your diet AND the high cal cheating (once a week at most) will remind your metabolism to get in gear.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes for the last 2 weeks ive had one day off it, well a meal out and had steak, baked pot and salad and dressing, then maybe some cheesecake, had my cheat yesterday, but by the time i added what i had eaten it was about 2300 in one day, grrrr.I started drinking the water about ten days ago which im wondering if that is what is adding on the scales.I know they say drink more water but maybe im keeping it , I really wanted to be a stone lighter by the end of this week but thats not going to happen now, Was really upset that its going in the wrong direction this week.Surely the banana and nutella cant be adding weight can it????????????????I love this, its my saviour.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    Actually im just thinking, I was losing every few days till i started with this one treat day, Im i undoing all the low cal days in one fell swoop or what. I do eat cakes and a little choccy on the one day off but surely im not being that bad.I feel like my body can survive quite easily on just 1200 a day and the min i eat something sweet etc its going to gain weight.Last year i went to the gym about 4 days a week and cousl still have a treat day and lose weight, now it seems to be going wrong and im feeling disheartened by the scales.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Before you can assess whether you want to eat more, I'd focus on eating BETTER. I can't see your diary, but I'd take a serious look at carbohydrates, fat, and proteins, and make sure you are eating them in some reasonable balance (start tracking the three and try to get all of the "remaining" numbers down near zero daily.

How many calories are you eating, what is your goal set at in terms of pounds per week, and how much does MFP recommend eating?

And a "stone" is 14 pounds, right? A good weight loss goal is 2 pounds a week. So if you eat right, it should take about 2 months to lose a stone. Not a week.
  • MzTat2slim
    MzTat2slim Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight 2 weeks ago. I started introducing more calories into my diet because I don't want to lose anymore and also I want to enjoy my social life as well. But i'm nervous all the time because my diet was so restricted in the past. Here are my thoughts on having a "cheat Day". I think having a cheat day is okay as long it isn't binge eating. My idea of a "cheat" day is going for a greasy burger which I do not allow myself to eat the other 6 days of the week. Cheating doesn't mean binge eating.
    Switching up your meals or changing the way your exercise may help you get through the plateau.
  • hazelovesfood
    Options
    I havent made a diary but i do log what i eat every day. Usually its fruit n fibre for breakfast, lunch will be chicken and salad, dinner will be salmon and veg and potatoes. I love my banana and nutella sandwich which really hits the spot. I might have a yogurt on most days and eat lots of fruit. So theres not much in can change,ive been doing it like this for 4 weeks now. Sometimes i may have one biscuit that will be around 50 cals only.Im eating very healthy and cant see there is anything to change.By the way, im not eating, pastas, burgers, sausages bacon, nothing high in fat at all. all healthy stuff each day.I find now that if i eat some sweet thing in one day it makes me hunger for me and i feel hungry alot, but when im eating my proteins in alot fuller and just dont want them.I never eat full english breakfasts and the like, I eat little bread and little potatoes either. The only thing i do eat alot of is fruit. lol.This morning I had almost a full pineapple, its was gorgeous.
    On and i forgot on the calourie counter it said i should eat 1200 to lose 2llbs a week. I was roughly losing just over 2llbs per week before.