Losing weight and stomach skin

Options
Hi, I have lost over 50lbs and I am so excited but I still feel big and fat when i look at the bottom of my stomach. I had a csection over 5 yrs ago and lost a pregnancy over a year and a half ago which re stretched my stomach. I am very obsessive compulsive and feel i will not be happy till it is gone. What can I do? Does anyone else have these problems. I do ab workouts and strength training but nothing works ugh i am so frustrated.

Replies

• cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused. Are you saying that since you lost 50 lbs. it's just sort of loose skin hanging there without any large amount of fat behind it? If that's the case, unfortunately, there really isn't anything you can do about it other than a tummy tuck. Once skin is stretched out from pregnancies and weight gain it looses a lot of elasticity and doesn't go back to a nice flat tummy (unless, of course, you're JLo or Britney- eyeroll). Your ab workouts should build up your abdominal muscles nicely, and losing 50 lbs. will get rid of the fat (congrats, by the way), but the skin can't really rebound.

You may just have to come to terms with it and learn to love your body as-is!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can try these things for a few weeks and see if you start to see an improvement if all it is a sagging tummy.

"Free Tummy Tuck" - pull it in, all day, every day....not to where you can't breathe...just pull it in.

"Night Time Tummy Lift" - When you are laying in bed, on your back, before going to sleep, tense and pull your stomach muscles in and up at the same time....hold for 10 seconds....repeat about 10-15 times. If you are doing it right, you should feel the pull all along the groin area from one side to the other AND you should also feel that you are doing a Kegel exercise at the same time.

These two things are what are instrumental in keeping my stomach from sagging as I lose weight. They won't help much with excess skin, but will help lift anything that is simply sagging due to poor muscle tone in the lower abdomen.
  • eal12_00
    eal12_00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank You i will try this..i have heard of a band you put around your stomach and it helps hold it in but i do not want to buy something that is just a myth....Most of it is poor muscle tone but just in the lower section. Instead of a 6 pack i have a three pack lol
  • eal12_00
    Options
    Yes mostly skin some fat but small....it is just frustrating....cannot afford a tummy tuck nor will my cardiologist allow one because while pregnant i went into heart failure so they are very picky about surgery...i have even thought about shots but not sure that will work
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank You i will try this..i have heard of a band you put around your stomach and it helps hold it in but i do not want to buy something that is just a myth....Most of it is poor muscle tone but just in the lower section. Instead of a 6 pack i have a three pack lol
    I HIGHLY recommend a tummy wrap for the loose skin. I used a post partum velcrow belly wrap for the first few months after I had my daughter and it worked pretty well. You don't have to have a baby to wear one. =p You can get it from Motherhood for about $30. Good luck!
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wish I had had a belly wrap after having my two boys....both times I felt like all of my guts were down by my knees for a few weeks. It was NOT a comfortable feeling!
  • SweetDorothySweat
    SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I wish I had had a belly wrap after having my two boys....both times I felt like all of my guts were down by my knees for a few weeks. It was NOT a comfortable feeling!

No it isn't. A good time to use one would be while you are losing weight though since it has the same effect as having a baby. =P
    I wore mine for months as I dieted and lost weight and I am impressed with the way the loose skin has stuck back to the muscle and tightened up. =)
  • eal12_00
    Options
    wow i still have mine..but it is not velcrow does it need to be?