I'm going away next week- help/advice?!

Options
I'm going away next week to the Lake District. My family have been going for as long as I remember and I love it but, every year, we don't exactly eat the healthiest. We're normally quite healthy, although the past few months we've become even healthier, but our normal trip includes trips to the tea garden, the occasional British fry up and afternoon cake.
I can't go to the gym or anything (there isn't one...) and I won't be able to do my usual YouTube workout videos because there is no internet access. I also don't want to be going out jogging or anything because I don't find it enjoyable when I'm at home, let alone when I'm meant to be relaxing. There is a tennis court at the apartment complex we are staying at though so I'm hoping to improve my skills!
I was wondering if anyone had any general advice for keeping as healthy as possible while I'm away but also being able to enjoy myself and have a slight break from my usual strict healthy eating habits without letting go completely.

Replies

• katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Walking is always good exercise, so walk as much as you can. Also, if you have a good yoga dvd, maybe you can bring that and get in some yoga each day.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Walking! Yes! We often do a lot of walking there, seeing as that is what the area is known and popular for! We normally do at least one walk which is a 12 mile walk round the lake. Plus it's lovely to just wander round the town.
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    eat as healthy as you can for the meals you aren't in a restaurant...try to pick the healthiest options you can when you DO eat in restaurants

do you have a pedometer that shows both distance AND calories burned? Your casual walks might burn more calories than you think. I spent the recent holiday weekend doing my 2x yearly volunteering for a local group. I spent most of the weekend standing fairly still, yet when I got home and plugged my fitbit in, it showed that I earned an average of about 900 calories a day from my activities!