I'm back and I'm stuck......help

timetoembrace
timetoembrace Posts: 77
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok...so I haven't been doing the "diet" since the end of May...I have lost a total of 55lbs but i only lost 3lbs since I quit the "diet". (I only call it a diet cause I dont know what else to call it..its more a way of life for me now)

SO here is the thing..I only want to lose about 10 more pounds. But I dont know if I can...I just dont feel motivated enough...How do I get motivated when I feel this way...or should I just accept my size now and live with it.

Here is the thing...my BMI is still in the "OVER" catagory...and I HATE That. I dont feel Over Fat anymore. I actually feel pretty. SO what do I need to go by...How I feel or the BMI??????

So many questions...I know...

Does anyone out there know how I feel?

Thnks for the input....

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    If you feel good then I say don't worry about losing more, just maintain your new healthier way of life. BMI is just a basic guide, so don't worry about it. It will put a very muscular person over so you can't always go by it.
    Congrats on the weight loss!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    at this point I would say, ignore BMI, it's only a VERY rough tool to use, and is a little more effective for people in the Obese category, once body fat starts to decrease and muscle starts to increase, BMI becomes less accurate (by it's nature). A far more accurate measurement for you IMHO, at this stage would be Body Fat %. Have your's checked. A guideline to follow for women under 40 is generally, anywhere between 15% and 25% is considered very healthy, and 25% to about 30% is considered acceptable. Anything over 30% and you probably need to do some fat reduction work because it's causing stress on your bones, joints, and organs. Please note, to any men out there, it's different numbers for you (it's 6 to 14% very healthy, 15 to 21% acceptable, and over 22% needs work for men under 40 or so)
This discussion has been closed.