Ripped in 30 & Overweight

Options
Hi All,

I have been walking for exercise for the last 6 months or so 4 x a week for 30-40 min at a minimum of 3.5 on the treadmill. Just picked up Jillian Michaels ripped in 30. How hard can I expect it to be? Will I be able to get through it?

Any advice/comments welcome.

Also, just started using this site regularly, so if you want to add me as a friend, that is great.

Replies

• fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! I did it at 200lbs
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I liked 30 day shred better, not sure why because it's all the same concept. It is hard but there's no doubt you'll get results. I would say to measure before and after, you may not lose a bunch of lbs but you will lose inches. Good luck!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I've only done it twice, but yes, I think you can do it. You can lessen the intensity and/or go slightly slower and still get a good workout. For instance, when she does butt kicks, you could go a little slower or just hop in place.
  • willowma
    willowma Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30Day Shred and though its tough, I can get through it. There are modifications for most exercises for beginners so you should be ok, and even if you aren't you can work into being able to do it.
    I was terrified to move into level 2 of the Shred and I'm now ready to move onto level 3. You get stronger each day :)
    Good luck!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think you'll be able to do it, but take it slow and pace yourself. Always listen to your body if you need a break. It will most definitely be harder than walking, probably even jogging depending on your cardio level. I haven't done that DVD yet, but in the ones I have used, she has two people in back. One to follow if you're an expert and one to follow if you're a beginner. Follow that girl and she'll give you some modified versions of some of the exercises. It's DEFINITELY worth it! GOOD LUCK!
  • kpitters
    kpitters Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just started it and I push through everyday. I want to quit during each workout but give it my best. Mixed feelings about starting week 2 and so on.
  • sammie_sweetheart
    Options
    I've only thrown up a few times from cardio and doing Jillian's workout video...thats one of those times! BUT, if I can do it, you can do it.
    It'll be hard at first, maybe, but if you keep at it, it'll get easier. You can do anything you want to. :D Bueno Suerte!