Pregnant.. my baby will be MIXED? Read!

Options
Will my baby be mixed half italian and half latino? I am full italian, however the dad/my bf is italian and half latino.. i've heard that it would only make the baby italian with a quarter latino? Sorrry I was just curious!! :)

Replies

• kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Either way the baby will be mixed :-) not fully any ethnicity.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Will my baby be mixed half italian and half latino? I am full italian, however the dad/my bf is italian and half latino.. i've heard that it would only make the baby italian with a quarter latino? Sorrry I was just curious!! :)

I'd go with 3/4 Italian, 1/4 latino... but I'm no expert, lol!
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    Everyone is watered down now-a-days. :)
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    3/4 italian 1/4 latino
  • desert_rhino
    desert_rhino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It matters?
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am full latina and we joke around that once red paint is mixed in with white it will never be white again. Us latinos are the red paint of course :)
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    lol, where are people getting 1/4?? Your baby will be 1/2 and 1/2. I am native american and when they determine the degree of indian blood for the child, they divide each parents blood in half!
  • sarahlinson
    sarahlinson Posts: 19
    Options
    That's right. Sounds like a beautiful baby! Congrats!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot on which genetics are dominant and which are recessive, but if you's stated both of your genetic backgrounds accurately, he'd be 75%/25%.

I know of very few people with a "pure" ancestry in America, though, and the same is true of Italy and most of Latin America. So even the two of you are probably a hodgepodge anyway.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    lol, where are people getting 1/4?? Your baby will be 1/2 and 1/2. I am native american and when they determine the degree of indian blood for the child, they divide each parents blood in half!

From the OP:
    I am full italian, however the dad/my bf is italian and half latino

If her genetic ancestry is full Italian, that gives the child 50% Italian ancestry.

If the father's ancestry is 50/50 Italian and Latino, that gives the child 25% Italian (added to the 50% from her means 75% Italian), and 25% Latino.