might be getting married soon?

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
So i dont know if I'm getting paranoid or if people know something I don't know...but my son is almost 4 so next year he'll be in kindergarten well...I was talking to my bf and his mom and commented something along the lines as I dont want to hear "Miss Bemis your son has...." from the principal at the age of 5....and then his mom stops me and says no it'll be "Ms......then she stopped thought for a second and made up a weird add on to my name like Bemazy or something." well i just had this puzzled look on my face and then i looked at scott and he looked kind of tense...and then my brother has been making some weird comments about how him and my dad will be coming up in a few months and blah blah blah...well my brother hasnt come up in over 5 yrs now and my dad hasnt even been up yet... and then scott has us watch Bride wars the other day and any movies related to marriage and what not he strays away from...Wtf is going on...I am so confused and lol and if i'm getting married soon i want to reach my goal weight ...lol *Is kind of weirded out* but i dont want to ask him if he wants to get married because if he has planned anything i dont wanna ruin it...but i want to know :laugh:

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Lol omg don't be like Kate Hudson in Bride Wars just wait and see! It must be hard but you should def want to see the surprise proposal (if there is one :laugh: )

I think if I said congratulations that might be premature but oh well! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Just keep doing what you're doing to lose the weight and don't ruin the surprise. I think for the guys, it's the proposal that is the fun part but for the ladies it's the actual wedding. So just hang in there and don't say anything.

Just my opinion.

Memaw
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Lol omg don't be like Kate Hudson in Bride Wars just wait and see! It must be hard but you should def want to see the surprise proposal (if there is one :laugh: )

I think if I said congratulations that might be premature but oh well! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
    hahaha thats what i was thinking of and kind of why i havent asked :laugh: :laugh: oh yea and the other thing that's weird is he's had a lot of "This is a very important phone call, i have to take this in the other room"...*scratches head* lol
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    :laugh: you are so in for it... :laugh: i would say just sit tight and wait... :wink: my BF has been all "weird" lately... we are buying a house right now... and one of his freinds was talking and said something to the effect of... "you guys have the puppy, the house... now all you need is the ring" and then the BF got all weird and tense... like his friend wasn't suppose to say that... like it gave something away :wink: so I just kept my mouth shut... but something tells me after we move in to the new place he may do it... :heart: But I am still in grad school so we had talked about waiting to actually get married after I graduate so I don't have to worry about fitting into a dress anytime in the near future... :blushing: :laugh: I know this is premature but congrats :flowerforyou:
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Be patient- and def. don't ruin the surprise!

Also..I have had these thoughts and things happen too, not to be Debbie Downer- but don't assume that it is going to happen right now. You don't want to set yourself up for disappointment!

I thought that my BF was going to propose because of some sneakiness- turns out it was diamond earrings for my birthday. They were nice and beautiful and I love them...but I really thought it was going to be a ring. I'm not the kind of person pining away to get married or just waiting for him to ask...but I managed to still disappoint myself a bit.

Let life unravel without making assumptions or waiting for things, is my advice:flowerforyou:
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member

Also..I have had these thoughts and things happen too, not to be Debbie Downer- but don't assume that it is going to happen right now. You don't want to set yourself up for disappointment!

I thought that my BF was going to propose because of some sneakiness- turns out it was diamond earrings for my birthday. They were nice and beautiful and I love them...but I really thought it was going to be a ring. I'm not the kind of person pining away to get married or just waiting for him to ask...but I managed to still disappoint myself a bit.

Let life unravel without making assumptions or waiting for things, is my advice:flowerforyou:
    I second this, I was convinced my bf was going to purpose whiel we were on vacation and when it didn't happen I was so upset. I know it's hard not to think about it because it's such an exciting thought but try not to. What I'm doing is focusing on the things I CAN control, like my weight! Not things I can't like when the heck is he going to pop the question.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member

I second this, I was convinced my bf was going to purpose whiel we were on vacation and when it didn't happen I was so upset. I know it's hard not to think about it because it's such an exciting thought but try not to. What I'm doing is focusing on the things I CAN control, like my weight! Not things I can't like when the heck is he going to pop the question.

I agree don't ruin the surprise but also don't make any assumptions.
    I have 2 similar stories.
    My hubby (of almost a year) and I were together for like 6 yrs before we got engaged and you can bet I was getting kinda frustrated that it was taking him so long.

One time a few years ago I stumbled across a ring and I tried it on. He got so mad and that made me think he was about to ask me. Turns out he did buy that ring for his future wife, but that was when he was single and he only bought it because he thought it was a good deal. However I only found that out recently so I spent a long time waiting ... expecting.

Anyways, fast forward to about 3 months before he did ask me. We were snuggling watching tv and he was holding my left hand. Suddenly he slips, what I though was a ring on my finger. My breath caught in my throat and I was so excited until I looked down and saw a key chain ring on my finger!:grumble:

I was so angry at him. And Christmas that year he kept teasing me saying there was something special under the tree. Christmas day ... no ring. He asked me to marry him on Dec. 28th. We laugh about it now, but boy did he reall peave me off with that key chain!!!
This discussion has been closed.