Looking for people like me :)

Options
Hi,
I am new to MFP and so far I love it :) I would like to add some more friends on to my list. People that have the similar goals like me and enjoy the same activities. I am a stay at home mother of 2. After my first born I had gained A LOT of weight. I was up 2 200lbs. Threw the years of struggle and yo yo's I had made it down to 135lbs. Threw the last year I have gained an extra 30lbs. I am not terribly unhappy about my weight but I would like to go back to my goal of 135lbs. I will be 30 in 2 years and my goal is to embrace my 30's with the healthiest and strongest I have ever been in my life! I love running, playing basically any sport under the sun and gardening! can't wait to meet new people!

Replies

• ameyer02
    ameyer02 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey!
    I just joined MFP a few days ago and am in somewhat similar shape as you probably. I am also a stay at home mommie of 1 and really just want to get in the best shape of my life as well! I always played sports in high school and considered myself pretty fit, but then in college I gained and was so not happy with myself. I did get down as low as 135 by just being busy and laying off the beer and pizza-lol! Then I had my baby and breastfed so the baby weight came off quickly. So here I am now no longer breastfeeding and eating terribly and up to 145. Excited to eat better, joined a gym and attending fitness classes regularly. I'm 32 5'4" and my goal is to get down to 125/130 with a flat tummy/tone body. Good luck with your goals!!!

Allison
  • Preikschas
    Preikschas Posts: 37
    Options
    :)
    I have some very similar goals! I would LOVE to have a flat tummy, then maybe my 3 year old would stop asking me if I had a baby in my belly lol!
  • BobbyDAGLEY
    BobbyDAGLEY Posts: 301
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Feel free to add me as a friend, I know a little bit about weight loss, I've lost 93.6 lbs in the last 122 days, if you need advice feel free to ask.
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, I'm starting with a similar weight/body to yours :-)
  • Preikschas
    Options
    That is great! Good for you!
  • jwlav
    jwlav Posts: 31
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am constantly on and like to attempt to help out! :)
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    :)
    I have some very similar goals! I would LOVE to have a flat tummy, then maybe my 3 year old would stop asking me if I had a baby in my belly lol!

Ouch! That's harsh... friend request on the way.
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow! I read this think what are the chances but I love gardening very peaceful, I LOVE TO RUN! I'm actually training now to run in this years Race for the Cure Phoenix 5K! I play sports of course not all mostly softball, basketball and football! I have lost 10 lbs so far and I too should weight 135 lbs my goal is 145 lbs.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me as well if youd like I have similar goals I work full time have 3 kiddos my younges is 3 I gained about 20lbs back and also would like to get to 135lbs I was at 138 last time so close and now Im even further. I like to plant just finish planting some petunias this last Thursday and occasionally run during my lunch breaks for about 20-40 minutes depending on time.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have a trim body like you too!!! I was never thin after the age of 3 due to seizure meds (I have epilepsy) and have crashed numerous times over trying to get thin over the years. That's changing now that I've joined this site. I don't have any human kids, but I do have a mini Dachshund for my little baby!!! He means the world to me. Feel free to add me to your list if you need another friend to ask questions to, I could use another one myself!!! :happy:
  • Preikschas
    Options
    We have a lot in common! That is great, I look forward to chatting and motivating each other!
  • kmpawley
    kmpawley Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! My goals are very similar to yours and I also love playing sports. I have 2 sons who play sports so we are always playing something. I was in great shape until a few years ago. Now it seems like no matter what I did the scale doesn't move:frown: I am hoping with the tools on here and the support from everyone I will finally see the numbers go down. I'd be happy to help motivate you.