I Did It .....and am Still Going Strong!

Options
sportygal
sportygal Posts: 221 Member
At the beginning of January, I was miserable, lost good friends to them moving away and had no direction in my life. I was a prisoner in my own body. Life just didn't have joy. I weighed 230 lbs. wearing a size 22 and hated myself for being this way. I have always been athletic, just never had the consistency nor healthy diet. I had lost weight in the past, but injuries and setbacks always got in the way.
I was determined to make a new life for myself and be the person I knew was lurking inside. I cared nothing of looking better, but rather feeling better and healthy was my goal. My mom with type II diabetes and tons of health issues at only 59 was evident that that life would be me if I didn't do something.
6 1/2 months later, I am a size 10/12 and 60 lbs. lighter at 170. I am energetic and vibrant...still have setbacks but handle it so much better. I have changed mentally and physically. I do enjoy looking better, but again feeling better is so much more important. I am still tested constantly, but am motivated to push myself even farther! I have many goals for the future and this is one milestone with so many more to go! And I CAN!!! You can too!!!

150768.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    very inspiring!!!!
  • sportygal
    Options
    Thanks!! And really YOU CAN TOO!! The one word, I have NEVER used during this journey was I can't. There would be times when I thought the exercise would be so hard to do or almost impossible, but I always said things like, "this might REALLY difficult for me" but I avoided saying CAN'T since you say that and you won't!
  • sportsfanatic212
    Options
    What was your exercise regimen to losing weight? I have done various activities and also watch what I eat but I gain weight. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  • sportygal
    Options
    My food plan goes along with the book The Zone......not eating starches and refined sugars has SO made a difference for me. I don't feel like I'm on a diet at all, and I'm always full. Having a good ratio of healthy fat, protein, carbs is awesome!!
    I train 5 days a week about an hour and a half (that includes warmup and stretching) and do a lot of exercises from Crossfit. You can check out their website crossfit.com and see what it's all about. It's max intensity in a short amount of time and encompasses whole body exercises. It can be very intense, but I started at a novice level and just keep working towards tougher workouts. I work with a trainer 2-3 times a week and that helps me stay focused. He's great!!
    Keeping the mindset of health is important vs. looks is what really kept me focused. It is discouraging to see so many people obsessed with fitting into a certain size. I'm more like, I don't want to be on several medications and have health issues!!
    Just remember...YOU CAN!! I have worked through knee, back injuries, colds, a close to broken foot and kept pushing! You can do it too!!!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you so much for the encouragement I needed that today! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,924 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Way to go!
  • sportygal
    Options
    Thanks Guys!! and YES YOU CAN TOO!!!! Keep It Up!!:smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sportygal
    Options
    Kudos to you as well!!!!

150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!