birthday blow out? :(

Options
It's my birthday at the weekend... a happy occasion you'd think but I'm already dreading the thought of it.

I've worked soooo hard, I dont really want to spoil it all by going out and have a load to drink, and a curry and well.. all the trappings of a boozy birthday really..

i know my family are planning a party so that means food.. and cake..

I feel terrible saying "no sorry.. i'm dieting" all the time.

does anyone have any advice on how i can keep the calories low and still have fun and partake in my own birthday celebrations??

Replies

• sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Well my birthday was last sunday and my daughter and I went out of town to see my best friend. I was gone friday through monday night. I had whatever I wanted all weekend long. And my bff and I went through a stupidly large amount of wine. It was my birthday, vacation and seeing my best friend. I said ya know what I can't undo 23 pounds in one weekend and I've been doing so well since xmas.

I know I didn't really answer your question just hoping I gave you something to think on. Here is my piece of advice though. Eat what you want just be sure to have it in moderation. I'm not a pop drinker but I'd go all water so I could have an adult beverage....
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would just try to enjoy it, but in moderation. Like this past weekend I had a family cook-out to attend and there were all kinds of good food and desserts and everyone was drinking alcohol or sodas, etc. I stuck to my ice water and politely declined all offers of other drinks. I had 1 bite/piece of each appetizer, at mealtime I had my entire bacon wrapped filet mignon with just a small amount of potato salad and a piece of corn on the cob, and then I had a small piece of strawberry cake too. I was still under my calories that day, despite having a normal breakfast (although I did skip lunch since I had late breakfast and I knew there would be appetizers at the cookout). You don't have to broadcast that you are on a diet, because then some people will feel the need to break you down and make you splurge for the day- just acknowledge or politely decline when people offer you things you don't want, and eat the things you want in moderation :) Happy early Birthday!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yeah, hard liquor. Beer has way more calories and will totally through off your sugars. As for the cake, food, think "nibble not gobble". Meaning take a little on a plate, nibble it and then don't take anymore.

Have fun though! It's your b-day. Celebrate your hard work!

Oh, and maybe ask for a strawberry shortcake and then pick all the strawberries off. You can. It's your b-day. I would.

Cheers!!

:drinker: