needing advice

Options
i have upped my calories upon overwhelming advice to do so since i wasnt dropping the weight i thought i would. its only been less than 2 wks, & not sure how well its working, since i went out of town over the weekend.

so many ppl talk @ sugar intake & its importance. some feel fruit sugar doesn't matter, some say sugar is sugar... i'm constantly over in sugar bc i love fruit.... HELP please

Replies

• chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am over in sugar a lot too. I eat raisin bran and take a children's chewable vitamin. The combination of the two put me over everyday, and I don't pay attention to it at all! I have been losing a pound or more a week without problem. The most important thing you can do is drink water!!! I am sure you know upping your calories may result in a gain for the first month, but once your body readjusts, then you will start dropping, and best of all, you have a higher calorie goal, so you don't feel so deprived!
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    i didn't feel deprived before... but i wasn't eating my exercise calories, either... i've only upped my cal by 150 & now eat my exercise cal
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to wait more than 2 weeks to see if the change has helped.

Also, it could be that you need to up it more than 150cals, not sure since I can't see your diary.
  • grayprae
    grayprae Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I never eat my exercise calories back to me that seems defeating. I have been under my calorie goal everyday and have been losing the weight pretty well. I haven't payed to much attention to the sugars.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. I try to limit how much fruit I have a day. I know for others it can be no big deal, but if I have to much sugar I start to gain weight
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I don't worry too much about my fruit, because I avoid sugar elsewhere. And hell, it's summer and fresh fruit abounds... yum!!