New to running

Options
I've just started with mfp. I'd like to know if anyone has a good beginners running program? I am not a runner but I would like to give it a try. Please help. Thanx:smile:

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just started the Couch to 5k Program, about two weeks in. It's wonderful for people who are just starting to run! I definitely recommend it
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about "Couch to 5K" for myself. People seem to love it. Google it and see what you think.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I did C25K last year, and now run 3-4 miles a day 4-5 days a week. It's a great program if you do it!

Get fitted for good running shoes and get a good sports bra if you are a female.
  • anamika59
    anamika59 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you. I will try it, starting in June.
  • nsanne
    nsanne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    C25 K is an excellent program. I started it in March and now I can run for 30 minutes without a problem. I am not fast yet but I am getting faster!!
  • anamika59
    Options
    :smile:
  • anamika59
    Options
    C25 K is an excellent program. I started it in March and now I can run for 30 minutes without a problem. I am not fast yet but I am getting faster!!

hey, thats great that you can run for half an hour. I can do about a minute and then i get tired. Hopefully. this will help me out too.
  • agag84
    agag84 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started running 6 months ago... at first I couldnt do more than 7 min. Now I run from 30min to 1hr. Basically all i did was increase my time ever two day by 1 min. Do as much as you can the first day keep that as your starting point. I was told not to run eveyday, but I think in the beginning when you not doing too much time its ok.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options

hey, thats great that you can run for half an hour. I can do about a minute and then i get tired. Hopefully. this will help me out too.
    You're in luck then, the first week of C25K only has you running for 60 seconds at a time! :smile:
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of C25K, and I LOVE it. I've made so much progress already.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    As a runner, you need to remember your body will give out long before your mind will. Keep a strong mind & you body will follow. The first mile is always the toughest; you go into cruise control after that. Good luck!
  • anamika59
    Options
    Thank you for all the feedback. I am going to start the program on Monday, June 4. I have tooo many social events booked for the weekend