Did I accomplish anything in my 365 days on MFP...

Options
OneBryteSmile
OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
Today is my 365th day since joining MFP. When I thought about this day a year ago I had expected to be at my goal weight. Although I'm not there yet, I am still proud of what I have accomplished and know that I am healthier, stronger, smarter and more committed to my weight loss and fitness goals than I was before joining this site. I've learned that this journey is about so much more than weight loss.

In one year:
- I decreased my chances of diabetes, which runs in my family
- I got out of the "obese" weight category
- I reduced my body fat % from the "very high" to the "average" range
- I lost around 30+ lbs and 30+ inches
- I went from sizes 16-18 to sizes 10-12
- I went from sporadic exercising to having the energy and strength to exercise 5-6 days a week and really didn't care anymore if I sweat my perm out
- I went from almost no portion control and unhealthy eating habits to making healthier choices on a more consistent basis (not necessarily every time because I'm human and Jamaican and like to eat :smile:)
- I went from no running to completing C25K and 2 5K races
- I went from barely any weight training and being perfectly content with my 3-5lb dumbells to completing Chalean Extreme and lifting on par and sometimes above Chalene
- I completed INSANITY and earned my T-shirt (still have a love/hate relationship with Shaun T though)
- I met some AMAZING people on MFP and have been inspired by so many on this site

The point I'm trying to make is that I may not be where I want to be yet but I'm much closer now than I was a year ago and in my book that makes me a WINNER! :drinker:

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress, congrats on your one year accomplishments!!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You are a WINNER all around. Congrats on all your great accomplishments. You are awesome and have alot to be proud of. Keep up the good work.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You are most definitely a winner!! Your weight loss is commendable. Many people want to do what you have done and will never get it done. Way to go!!
  • sara1215
    sara1215 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look great and have accomplished a ton of wonderful things!
  • npetercmway
    npetercmway Posts: 68
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post. I have a year plus goal and am at my first plateau. It is mainly because for the past month I have been in situations where it was hard to control what I had available to eat (was away from home for work related training). I did ok but it has caused me to stall. So I have been feeling a little discouraged even though as soon as I got home I was back on track with eating and exercise. I love your attitude! It is exactly what I needed to hear. I have been trying to look at what I accomplished so far and not get hung up on where I am at at the moment.

You have accomplished so much! I think it is awesome and look forward to cheering with you at your goal's end as well!!

WooHOO!

Nancy
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: I love this ..wishing you continued success :wink:
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope to post something similar at my 365 mark. :drinker:
  • kungfuflyer
    kungfuflyer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Looks like you are on track for a healthy/fit lifestyle. Well worth it.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congraulations... Awesome progress.
  • BlueDahlia77
    Options
    YOU ARE A WINNER!!!

Congratulations on the progress =)
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Amazing results - congratulations and continued success!!!
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Just...awesome ;)
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    WOW you ROCK!! Well done!
  • BeingWiser
    BeingWiser Posts: 65
    Options
    Your attitude is as good as your progress! Awesome JOB!
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Today is my 365th day since joining MFP. When I thought about this day a year ago I had expected to be at my goal weight. Although I'm not there yet, I am still proud of what I have accomplished and know that I am healthier, stronger, smarter and more committed to my weight loss and fitness goals than I was before joining this site. I've learned that this journey is about so much more than weight loss.

In one year:
    - I decreased my chances of diabetes, which runs in my family
    - I got out of the "obese" weight category
    - I reduced my body fat % from the "very high" to the "average" range
    - I lost around 30+ lbs and 30+ inches
    - I went from sizes 16-18 to sizes 10-12
    - I went from sporadic exercising to having the energy and strength to exercise 5-6 days a week and really didn't care anymore if I sweat my perm out
    - I went from almost no portion control and unhealthy eating habits to making healthier choices on a more consistent basis (not necessarily every time because I'm human and Jamaican and like to eat :smile:)
    - I went from no running to completing C25K and 2 5K races
    - I went from barely any weight training and being perfectly content with my 3-5lb dumbells to completing Chalean Extreme and lifting on par and sometimes above Chalene
    - I completed INSANITY and earned my T-shirt (still have a love/hate relationship with Shaun T though)
    - I met some AMAZING people on MFP and have been inspired by so many on this site

The point I'm trying to make is that I may not be where I want to be yet but I'm much closer now than I was a year ago and in my book that makes me a WINNER! :drinker:
    Woooohooo for you! And YAAAAY Jamaicans on MFP!!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    For sure you are a winner my friend...I have seen you complete alot of this awesomeness you are sharing...Each day toward being healthier and making changes is a amazing!! You are beyond a myfitnesspal to me you are a good friend and have inspired and encouraged me..>Keep up the excellent work...It is so much more to come love.... CONGRATS on 365 days of Awesomeness!
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all you have achieved. You have done wonderful and you have earned all your success. Keep it up!
  • 1MOMOISME
    1MOMOISME Posts: 25
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I commend you not only on your weight loss and fitness / health improvement but on your positive attitude!!! It is so easy to get hung up on the negative! Good job at recognizing the positives and keeping everything in perspective..... no you aren't where you thought you would be.....BUT you are absolutely ON THE WAY!!!! You are soo much closer than you were a year ago. Now you know you can do it. Your goal is within reach. You are truly an inspiration!!! This is my second day on the sight and honestly everyone here is so nice - we are all coming together for a common goal. Hang in there and stay tough - you have made it this far and now there is no turning back!!!! Hopefully in a year I will have a similar success story to share!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG:)
  • Tators
    Tators Posts: 75
    Options
    Definitely enough to smile and brag about! That is motivating! Great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!