Calling all body types , YES YOU, Read this!!

Options
OK people we all have bad days and pick our bodies to bits and pieces and it's NOT HEALTHY!! Some of us don't have those days as often as others and some have left them behind totally .
I read this today and it made me think of all the bickering we do on here sometimes because we like being us. That's wonderful but to those who are secretly miserable and who have friends that maybe fighting this battle..please enjoy this blog, I did!

http://www.beautyredefined.net/if-beauty-is-pain-is-it-worth-this-much-suffering/

Replies

• kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That was a good read! Thanks Sarabara:)

I would have to say that I still wear skirts that hit right below the knee, I will never wear short shorts even though I wish I could. I've had cellulite since my teens, even when I weighed 113lbs then. I've had a fat test done by a gym teacher in HS and he was so shocked at the amount of fat I had around my thighs and knees he was speechless. Then he tried to measure my calf fat and it was like trying to measure the skin of a rock. "unproportionat fat distribution" I believe he said.

I'm over it though. It doesn't emotionally affect me anymore. Some would consider that wearing clothes to hide certain features would be denial, but the truth is, I just want to look nice and presentable. I think that my 30's have been a blessing. My twenties were fraught with low-self esteem and unhappiness towards my body. I just love being in my skin now, imperfections and all!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That was a good read! Thanks Sarabara:)

I would have to say that I still wear skirts that hit right below the knee, I will never wear short shorts even though I wish I could. I've had cellulite since my teens, even when I weighed 113lbs then. I've had a fat test done by a gym teacher in HS and he was so shocked at the amount of fat I had around my thighs and knees he was speechless. Then he tried to measure my calf fat and it was like trying to measure the skin of a rock. "unproportionat fat distribution" I believe he said.

I'm over it though. It doesn't emotionally affect me anymore. Some would consider that wearing clothes to hide certain features would be denial, but the truth is, I just want to look nice and presentable. I think that my 30's have been a blessing. My twenties were fraught with low-self esteem and unhappiness towards my body. I just love being in my skin now, imperfections and all!

I am so glad that with age comes wisdom , so many of us waste the best years (looks wise) of our lives wishing we looked different. That to me is sad and wrong.
    Also I have noticed how evil other women are to each other and that's really not going to help anyone. Don't call me fat or skinny and instead learn to love your body for what it is rather then how it looks..there is so much more to being beautiful then just feeling defeated by yourself.. Women need to feel stronger and healthier and the rest comes with time.
    Thanks for reading this Kim and your a beautiful woman and your making yourself stronger every day and that's beautiful in it's self.
    PS your thighs look normal to me :wink: :flowerforyou: