To tell or not to tell

Daisy_May
Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I was having a talk with my bf about my weight loss and what my final goal is, I was telling him I wasn't sure what my actual goal is and that I might just figure it out when I get a little closer. So he was talking about well in a few pounds when your down to like 170 or so, you'll probably have a better idea...... Oh boy umm when I'm 170 in a few pounds?? I'm 210 lbs!! HE obviously has no clue how much I weigh and now I'm wondering if I should tell him or not.
We are very open and he's been so very supportive of me trying to get healthy so I know he wouldn't judge me and it could help to have him know exactly how big of a deal all of it is and how much I really have to lose.
But then part of me never wants him to know I got this fat!!!!! Would you tell him?

Replies

• Daisy_May
    sorry this double posted and I don't know how to delete it!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I have always been one to say what I weigh. In a way-it's accountability. However, I think you should do what feels comfortable to you. Nothing says you have to say the number. You could just tell him how much you've lost.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    I find people were shocked when they found out how much I weighed. It depends on how you carry the weight and how you carry yourself. My bf knew my weight. Not sure what data he is working with now though :laugh: For now I focus on how much I have lost. eventually he will probably ask what your starting weight was as the number lost gets bigger and bigger. If you are comfortable sharing then do, otherwise wait until he asks.
  • My husband thinks I weigh less too. I tell him I want to get back to 225 and he say well you lost 18 pounds you should be under 225. I said hun are you serious I weigh more then that. He just looks at me like am crazy. I think men don't see the same weight as the scale says. If your comfortable with telling him your weight go for it.
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    I would tell him if it comes up again. Weight is just a number and the point of the matter is you are losing for you and for good. :heart:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    If he's been so supportive, you might as well tell him. I know I make comments to my husband about how much I've lost. If you do the same, he'll get an idea anway. Either way, he probably doesn't care too much. Its just a number. He sees you all the time and loves you no matter what that number is.
  • thepurplestar
    thepurplestar Posts: 28 Member
    I am open about my husband about everything... except weight. I can't tell him, and he's lovely about it. We have no other secrets. I even put a pin-code on my wii-fit account, so no-one could find out my weight. I think most people think I'm lighter than I am- I'm quite braod-shouldered, and although short carry my weight quite well.
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    first tell him you really weigh 310lbs. Then you won't have to worry about him being suprised by the real number
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    I am open about my husband about everything... except weight. I can't tell him, and he's lovely about it. We have no other secrets. I even put a pin-code on my wii-fit account, so no-one could find out my weight. I think most people think I'm lighter than I am- I'm quite braod-shouldered, and although short carry my weight quite well.

Hehe, I too put a pin-code on my Wii FIt account for the exact same reason :blushing:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    My husband and I have been doing MFP together since January. He never knew how much I weighed because I was so afraid he would be disgusted with me. I finally told him this past weekend how much I weigh now and how much I used to weigh and you know what? He still loves me just the same
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Because most guys don't freak-out over pounds. You tell them your 140 lbs and the next day they still don't even remember your annivsary.

Case in point....how many guys are on this forum complaining about dropping/gaining 5 lbs?

Class dismissed.
  • Daisy_May
    You see I know when I finally get under 200 I'm going to want to shout it from the roof tops, so I'll probably have to tell him before then!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    You see I know when I finally get under 200 I'm going to want to shout it from the roof tops, so I'll probably have to tell him before then!

You will tell him.

On the outside he'll say "THATS GREAT HONEY!!"

inside he's sayin "Uhhh whatever, I don't give a crap. Where's my beer?"
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    i wouldn't tell him, but that is just me. ignorance is bliss sometimes. and if he doesnt have issues with his weight he may not be able to empathise
This discussion has been closed.