If you could go back in time, would you?

Options
SweetDorothySweat
SweetDorothySweat Posts: 114 Member
Just interested in what things people would change or undo if they could go back in time...

And if they wouldn't change anything, then why..

Is your life what you want it to be?

Replies

• 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    The thing that instantly springs to mind is yes - to spend some more time with my Father.

It wasn't like we didn't spend quality time together, we did all the time. I just miss him like crazy, and would do anything to spend some more time with him :)
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    absolutely i would. i wouldn't want to change anything, just curious if things actually happened the way i remember them.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    Options
    That is a good point.
    I think I would go back with a camcorder and a notebook.
    :)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want to change the course of my history, but would like to go back and kick my ex in the gonads. Just once.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    Options
    The thing that instantly springs to mind is yes - to spend some more time with my Father.

It wasn't like we didn't spend quality time together, we did all the time. I just miss him like crazy, and would do anything to spend some more time with him :)

That's sweet. I may go back to convince some poeple to make different choices.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, and change the one huge mistake that I can't change now.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    Options
    I wouldn't want to change the course of my history, but would like to go back and kick my ex in the gonads. Just once.

Awesome point. I might need to do that too.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    as much as i would like to change some things that happened in the past, i wouldn't. I am who i am because of all the good, bad, the great things, the mistakes.. if i take out all the bad, i wouldn't be me today.

i would however have liked to bought gold, and some more stock in a few companies! :)
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I would go back but only to change my college sports choice. I chose football instead of hockey. The only problem with that is:

Had I chosen hockey, I wouldn't have met my wife (now ex-wife) and wouldn't have had my daughters I have now. So in that respect, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I would love to say yes.. because I wasted A LOT of time trying to make my ex-husband happy...but thinking about it...no...I would not want to change a single thing about my life. I am much stronger, more focused, incredibly independent and I like myself this way much more than the doormat I was...so not... other than to get a kiss from a High School Crush ( and not change the future), I am perfectly content with never going back!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options

Yep, this. Given the chance, I'd gladly go back in time and undo one really big mistake I made.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yep, I would choose to break it off sooner with the dude I spent 10 years of my life with. Things ended badly, we didn't have kids or get married, so I kind of see it as I wasted a huge chunk of my time being with him.

Oh well!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change a second of my life. Sure, I've been through a lot of bad stuff, but it's perfect now - if I'd not experienced the bad, I doubt my life could be as perfect as it is, or that I could appreciate it.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    If I could go back and change just one thing, I would. I would hold my husband in my arms at the moment he died. Going back would be worth it to me.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If I went back in time I would not have married my ex husband I would have trusted God to bring the right guy for me and not allow my family to pressure me at age 26 years old to marry. I would not have been in the bad relationship with abusers , druggies or drunks like I did would have asked God wisdom on what I can do to make me unattractive to them.
  • SweetDorothySweat
    Options
    I wouldn't change a second of my life. Sure, I've been through a lot of bad stuff, but it's perfect now - if I'd not experienced the bad, I doubt my life could be as perfect as it is, or that I could appreciate it.
    THIS is beautiful. I thought of this question while replying to the "What would you say to the 18 yr old you?" thread... and well, I couldn't decide if I would lose the things I love and appreciate now to go back and change the mistakes I made. But I think I have concluded that I would leave things the way they are. They only made me stronger and wiser.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    not really, but I would like to go back knowing all I know now and stand up to bullies, work harder in highschool & change my career to mental health nursing or social work
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I would have studied more. I really didn't put the time and effort into my college studies that I should have.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Eh, I would've done better in school, gone to college instead of moving out and stayed with my ex instead of leaving him for another guy........... :embarassed:
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options

Yep, this. Given the chance, I'd gladly go back in time and undo one really big mistake I made.

You can't change it but you can forgive yourself :)